EagleMed LLC has enlisted Baldwin Safety & Compliance as an additional resource for the critical care air medical transport company’s safety management system needs. Baldwin Safety & Compliance, headquartered in South Carolina, is a recognized leader in customized safety management and business solutions.
“We are pleased to have the added services of a leader in safety management systems on board to bolster our on-going efforts as we focus on this crucial aspect of our critical care air transport operations,” said EagleMed President Larry Bugg. “Clearly, Baldwin Safety & Compliance’s comprehensive set of safety management tools will be an added benefit to the company and our patients as we progress towards Level 3 of the FAA’s Safety Management Systems program.”
EagleMed’s experienced and proficient team of commercial instrument rated rotor and Airline Transport Pilot rated fixed wing pilots undergo extensive hands-on training every four months to include FlightSafety International simulation training. EagleMed’s expert staff of critical care paramedics and Certified Flight Registered Nurses has advanced training in pediatric and adult care and utilize METIman Human Patient Simulators (adult, pediatric, and infant) to maintain the highest level of competency and proficiency.
EagleMed is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Services (CAMTS), which is the gold standard for patient care and safety across the operational spectrum of air medical transport services. EagleMed is one of only two Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 135 charter certificate holders in the FAA Central Region to achieve Safety Management System (SMS) Level 2 distinction.Additionally, EagleMed received the ARGUS International, Inc. Gold Rating based on pilot qualifications and a comprehensive on-site safety audit of its aviation and maintenance operations.
EagleMed’s senior aviation, maintenance, and safety leadership has a combined total of more than 150 years of aviation operational experience. Recognized as a leader in the industry, the organization and its employees received the 2013 Chairman’s Award andthe 2010 President’s Award for Leadership and Safety from the Association of Air Medical Services. EagleMed also received the 2011 Safety Award from the Helicopter Association International, Best Practice in Just Culture from CAMTS; and the 2012 Pilot of the Year Award from the National EMS Pilots Association.
EagleMed leverages technology through its web-based Learning Management System and IS-BAO registered Baldwin SMSlite™ system to deliver regulatory, aircraft specific, air medical resource management, SMS, risk management, just culture, threat and error management, OSHA safety compliance training and safety report data tracking and analysis. EagleMed maintains a technologically advanced Communications Center with satellite tracking/communications for 24/7 oversight and medical direction provided by a cadre of emergency physicians and highly trained communication staff that are certified emergency medical technicians.
About Baldwin Safety & Compliance
Baldwin Safety & Compliance, headquartered in South Carolina, is a recognized leader in customized safety management and business solutions. Baldwin initially achieved Stage I International Standard for Business Aviation Organizations (IS-BAO) registration in 2007, followed by Stage II in 2010 and successfully completed its third audit in 2013, based on IS-BAO Stage III criteria. Baldwin was the 1st IS-BAO audited and registered Safety Support Affiliate in 2012.
About EagleMed LLC
EagleMed LLC, headquartered in Wichita, Kan., is a privately owned and operated critical care air medical and ground transport service. A subsidiary of Air Medical Group Holdings, Inc., EagleMed has provided safe, world-class patient care to patients and communities in the Midwest for more than 30 years. EagleMed has more than 400 highly trained employees and operates an extensive fleet of 14 medically equipped Eurocopter AS350 B2/B3 helicopters, 20 Beechcraft King Air fixed-wing aircraft, and six ground ambulances in 12 States. For more info go to flyeaglemed.com.
EagleMed is a membership-supported air ambulance service that is part of the AirMedCare Network. AirMedCare is America’s largest air medical transport membership network, providing emergency access to the highest levels of care for its 1.5 million subscribers. The AirMedCare Network combines the membership programs of four leading air ambulance operators: EagleMed, REACH, Air Evac Lifeteam and Med-Trans Corporation. For more information about memberships, visit joineaglemed.com.
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- Heli-One Norway Adds Airbus AS350 Blade Repair Capability
- FAA approves AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit from Swiss Rotor Solutions
- 20-Aug-17 OE-XTM Airbus AS350B3 Cabril, Portugal (1F)
- AeroBrigham to represent Swiss Rotor Solutions in US
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank