FlightSafety International has promoted Mark Salzano to Executive Director, Government Contract Training. He assumes overall responsibility for securing and managing the business and commercial aircraft training FlightSafety provides to government agencies. Mark will succeed Bill Nugent, Vice President, Government Contract Training, when he retires on June 30, 2014.
“Providing training to government agencies for business and commercial aircraft is a very important and growing part of our business,” said Ray Johns, Senior Vice President, Government. “Mark’s significant experience and knowledge of aviation training, proven ability to secure and manage contracts, and in-depth understanding of government agency requirements and expectations, made him the ideal choice for this very important role.”
“Grateful appreciation and compliments to Bill on behalf of our Teammates for his significant contributions to FlightSafety’s success over the past 31 years,” said Bruce Whitman, President & CEO. “We thank Bill for his friendship and wish him every future happiness.”
Mark began his career in aviation in 1997. He worked as a Certified Flight Instructor at Flightways, Captain for TIE Aviation and First Officer for American Eagle Airlines, Assistant Director of Training at Trans International Express, and Technical Operations Assistant for North American Airlines.
He joined FlightSafety in 2002 at the LaGuardia Learning Center as an instructor. He went on to hold a number of positions with increasing responsibility including Assistant Quality Coordinator, Training Center Examiner, and Director of Training. Mark was promoted to his most recent position as Director, Government Contract Training in 2013.
Mark received a Master of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix as well as a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management and an associate degree in Applied Science from the State University of New York in Farmingdale. He holds Airline Transport Pilot, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, and Aircraft Dispatch certificates. Mark is also a Certified Flight Instructor, Training Center Evaluator, and Advanced Ground Instructor.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
- Robinson R44 Cadet sales are very disappointing
- U.S. Navy selects Leonardo for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- Starspeed Achieves Stage II IS-BAO Accreditation
- Caernarfon Coastguard Helicopter Reaches 500th SAR Mission
- Leonardo selects Helitune RT-TipTrak for AW169 and AW189
- RAMM Frameless Seat Cushions approved by Transport Canada
- LORD Corporation Receives FAA DER Approval
- Toll appointed by Leonardo to deliver AW139 simulator
- Waypoint Leasing Places AW139 on Lease to Heliconia
- Argentine Army considers Huey II
- Orange County Receives Bell 206
- Continuity of Samoa Helicopters
- Hangar for Brandywine Hospital
- Helitune goes on board AW109
- China to Receive New Attack Helicopters
- 70th Anniversary of First Frigate Landing
- Parilease asks Avinco to manage 21 ex CHC EC225s
- Elbit Systems Awarded Title by Airbus Helicopters
- New Helipad for Wayne Memorial Hospital
- Profile – New Zealand SAR Legend John Funnell