FlightSafety International has promoted Mark Salzano to Executive Director, Government Contract Training. He assumes overall responsibility for securing and managing the business and commercial aircraft training FlightSafety provides to government agencies. Mark will succeed Bill Nugent, Vice President, Government Contract Training, when he retires on June 30, 2014.
“Providing training to government agencies for business and commercial aircraft is a very important and growing part of our business,” said Ray Johns, Senior Vice President, Government. “Mark’s significant experience and knowledge of aviation training, proven ability to secure and manage contracts, and in-depth understanding of government agency requirements and expectations, made him the ideal choice for this very important role.”
“Grateful appreciation and compliments to Bill on behalf of our Teammates for his significant contributions to FlightSafety’s success over the past 31 years,” said Bruce Whitman, President & CEO. “We thank Bill for his friendship and wish him every future happiness.”
Mark began his career in aviation in 1997. He worked as a Certified Flight Instructor at Flightways, Captain for TIE Aviation and First Officer for American Eagle Airlines, Assistant Director of Training at Trans International Express, and Technical Operations Assistant for North American Airlines.
He joined FlightSafety in 2002 at the LaGuardia Learning Center as an instructor. He went on to hold a number of positions with increasing responsibility including Assistant Quality Coordinator, Training Center Examiner, and Director of Training. Mark was promoted to his most recent position as Director, Government Contract Training in 2013.
Mark received a Master of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix as well as a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management and an associate degree in Applied Science from the State University of New York in Farmingdale. He holds Airline Transport Pilot, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, and Aircraft Dispatch certificates. Mark is also a Certified Flight Instructor, Training Center Evaluator, and Advanced Ground Instructor.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
- Rajasthan State holds Open Bidding for Helicopter Procurement
- Unveiling of the First Oil and Gas AW169
- Northern HeliCopter to Work at Merkur Offshore Wind Farm
- CHC Helicopter Closes Norwegian Base
- The Toll Rescue Helicopter Service is airborne for communities of NSW
- Héli-Union and Turbomeca Announce the Signature of a Partnership Contract
- Eagle 407HP trials in Papua New Guinea produce increase across all tasked loads
- Hiratagakuen takes delivery of Airbus H135 helicopter
- Conservation Fund launches $500K helicopter crowdfunding campaign
- Era SAR Program Recognized for Excellence
- Newquay SAR Helicopter Service Celebrates One-year Milestone
- Lockheed will provide US with the Latest Electronic Warfare System
- HELP part-funds Devon Community Helipad
- Bluedrop to deliver Bell 206 Level 7 FTD to Canadian military
- HAI announces helicopter maintenance and law enforcement awardees
- EASA approves FastFin System for AB412
- Sikorsky Awarded DARPA ALIAS Phase 3 Contract to Increase Aircraft Autonomy
- FAA Issues General Aviation Medical Rule
- HAI announces Aerospace Safety and Humanitarian Service awardees
- SAE International Tasked by FAA to Develop Technical Standards for Rotorcraft Inlet Barrier Filters