FlightSafety International has promoted Mark Salzano to Executive Director, Government Contract Training. He assumes overall responsibility for securing and managing the business and commercial aircraft training FlightSafety provides to government agencies. Mark will succeed Bill Nugent, Vice President, Government Contract Training, when he retires on June 30, 2014.
“Providing training to government agencies for business and commercial aircraft is a very important and growing part of our business,” said Ray Johns, Senior Vice President, Government. “Mark’s significant experience and knowledge of aviation training, proven ability to secure and manage contracts, and in-depth understanding of government agency requirements and expectations, made him the ideal choice for this very important role.”
“Grateful appreciation and compliments to Bill on behalf of our Teammates for his significant contributions to FlightSafety’s success over the past 31 years,” said Bruce Whitman, President & CEO. “We thank Bill for his friendship and wish him every future happiness.”
Mark began his career in aviation in 1997. He worked as a Certified Flight Instructor at Flightways, Captain for TIE Aviation and First Officer for American Eagle Airlines, Assistant Director of Training at Trans International Express, and Technical Operations Assistant for North American Airlines.
He joined FlightSafety in 2002 at the LaGuardia Learning Center as an instructor. He went on to hold a number of positions with increasing responsibility including Assistant Quality Coordinator, Training Center Examiner, and Director of Training. Mark was promoted to his most recent position as Director, Government Contract Training in 2013.
Mark received a Master of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix as well as a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management and an associate degree in Applied Science from the State University of New York in Farmingdale. He holds Airline Transport Pilot, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, and Aircraft Dispatch certificates. Mark is also a Certified Flight Instructor, Training Center Evaluator, and Advanced Ground Instructor.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
- HAI ensures helicopter views considered at ICAO panel meeting
- Falcon Aviation signs LOI for one H160
- New heliport proposed in Yonkers suburb of New York
- Russian CAA approves NHV maintenance facility
- Sloane Helicopters renews UK and Ireland Distributorship Agreement with Leonardo
- Oceania Aviation is attending AHIA Rotortech
- Safran Helicopter Engines opens Singapore facility
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AEM to provide Internal PA system for Indian Chinooks
- Avinco launches US subsidiary
- Coptering adds second Cabri G2 to cope with training demand
- Russian Helicopters launches system to detect hidden rotor blade damage
- L-3 Link CH-47F Operational Flight Trainers released for training
- Mecaer announces US launch customer for 429 MAGnificent interior
- Patria Helicopters to implement Ramco Aviation MRO software
- Universal Avionics appoints Director of Corporate Programs & Business Development
- Heli Support NZ praises PA100 PUREair System for AS350
- Airbus Helicopters to take Bluecopter to ILA 2016
- New report – Global Helicopter Flight Control Systems Market 2016-2020
- Bristow Group Announces Quarterly Dividend