FlightSafety International has promoted Mark Salzano to Executive Director, Government Contract Training. He assumes overall responsibility for securing and managing the business and commercial aircraft training FlightSafety provides to government agencies. Mark will succeed Bill Nugent, Vice President, Government Contract Training, when he retires on June 30, 2014.
“Providing training to government agencies for business and commercial aircraft is a very important and growing part of our business,” said Ray Johns, Senior Vice President, Government. “Mark’s significant experience and knowledge of aviation training, proven ability to secure and manage contracts, and in-depth understanding of government agency requirements and expectations, made him the ideal choice for this very important role.”
“Grateful appreciation and compliments to Bill on behalf of our Teammates for his significant contributions to FlightSafety’s success over the past 31 years,” said Bruce Whitman, President & CEO. “We thank Bill for his friendship and wish him every future happiness.”
Mark began his career in aviation in 1997. He worked as a Certified Flight Instructor at Flightways, Captain for TIE Aviation and First Officer for American Eagle Airlines, Assistant Director of Training at Trans International Express, and Technical Operations Assistant for North American Airlines.
He joined FlightSafety in 2002 at the LaGuardia Learning Center as an instructor. He went on to hold a number of positions with increasing responsibility including Assistant Quality Coordinator, Training Center Examiner, and Director of Training. Mark was promoted to his most recent position as Director, Government Contract Training in 2013.
Mark received a Master of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix as well as a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management and an associate degree in Applied Science from the State University of New York in Farmingdale. He holds Airline Transport Pilot, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, and Aircraft Dispatch certificates. Mark is also a Certified Flight Instructor, Training Center Evaluator, and Advanced Ground Instructor.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
FlightSafety appoints new Executive Director, Government Contract Training
- 2014 another strong year for pre-owned specialist Avinco with 25 transactions.
- CHC’s AW139 Fleet Leader Passes 10,000 Flight Hours Milestone
- AgustaWestland “Service Excellence” Project Delivers Improved Customer Service
- Specialist Aviation Services to be Appointed AW169 Authorized Service Centre in UK
- AgustaWestland Skyflight Mission Planning System ‘Goes App’
- AgustaWestland Philadelphia adds past Governor of Pennsylvania to Board
- AgustaWestland Launches My Order E-Commerce Service
- AgustaWestland Launches New Online Training Section On Leonardo Customer Portal
- AW189 Certification Validated by the FAA
- Lockheed Martin and Burns Engineering focus on improving pilot vision
- HFI Online Silent Auction Ends Thursday at 4:00 pm EST
- Aerolite Receives EASA STC for EC145 T2 EMS Interior
- Mexican Air Force signs for 15 Bell 407GXs
- Vector Aerospace Captures Growing Market for AS350 12-Year Inspections
- Precision Aviation Group Obtains Part 145 CASA & EASA Approval in Australia
- Japan Coast Guard receives EC225 for SAR and law enforcement missions
- Whirly Girls Announces Guidance Aviation IR Scholarship for 2016
- EASA approves VIH Aerospace EC135 bubble window
- Sweden – Northern Helicopters drops Cabri in favour of R44
- Vector Aerospace Joins Greenwich Aerogroup Dealer Network For LiveAero