FlightSafety International has promoted Mark Salzano to Executive Director, Government Contract Training. He assumes overall responsibility for securing and managing the business and commercial aircraft training FlightSafety provides to government agencies. Mark will succeed Bill Nugent, Vice President, Government Contract Training, when he retires on June 30, 2014.
“Providing training to government agencies for business and commercial aircraft is a very important and growing part of our business,” said Ray Johns, Senior Vice President, Government. “Mark’s significant experience and knowledge of aviation training, proven ability to secure and manage contracts, and in-depth understanding of government agency requirements and expectations, made him the ideal choice for this very important role.”
“Grateful appreciation and compliments to Bill on behalf of our Teammates for his significant contributions to FlightSafety’s success over the past 31 years,” said Bruce Whitman, President & CEO. “We thank Bill for his friendship and wish him every future happiness.”
Mark began his career in aviation in 1997. He worked as a Certified Flight Instructor at Flightways, Captain for TIE Aviation and First Officer for American Eagle Airlines, Assistant Director of Training at Trans International Express, and Technical Operations Assistant for North American Airlines.
He joined FlightSafety in 2002 at the LaGuardia Learning Center as an instructor. He went on to hold a number of positions with increasing responsibility including Assistant Quality Coordinator, Training Center Examiner, and Director of Training. Mark was promoted to his most recent position as Director, Government Contract Training in 2013.
Mark received a Master of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix as well as a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management and an associate degree in Applied Science from the State University of New York in Farmingdale. He holds Airline Transport Pilot, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, and Aircraft Dispatch certificates. Mark is also a Certified Flight Instructor, Training Center Evaluator, and Advanced Ground Instructor.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
- Only two helicopter manufacturers at NBAA Convention
- Helicopter Operators Formally Launch HeliOffshore
- Exelis adds night capability to CorvusEye™ wide area airborne surveillance system
- Conference attendees discuss future USAF helicopter fleet
- US Dept of Justice files overcharging case against Sikorsky
- San Francisco to get first medical helipad in decades
- Civil Helicopter Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Kaman announces Release Date for FY2014 Q3 Earnings
- Sikorsky Counts on HABCO to Support Saudi Arabia National Guard
- SESAR demonstrates how to maximize airport capacity with helicopter landing procedure
- GAR Electroforming to open third Danbury location thanks to Bell contract
- National recognition for East Anglian Air Ambulance
- HAI Thanks TSA Admin. Pistole for Cooperative Effort
- AAG joins Air Charter Safety Foundation
- AAG Achieves IS-BAO Stage II Registration
- AgustaWestland Signs New Training Services Contracts to Support the Family
- Russian Helicopters’ Mi-38 pre-series production prototype makes first flight
- Airbus Helicopters’ EC135 T3/P3 Receives EASA Certification
- Bell Endorses HNZ Topflight for Mountain Flight Training
- CAE contracted to support New Zealand Seasprite synthetic training devices