Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. announced today that the Federal Aviation Administration has certified the V400 avionics software for the S-76D™ helicopter, increasing the capabilities of the aircraft and allowing the aircraft to operate single pilot under Instrument Flight Rules. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
When installed by the operator, the V400 software will expand the avionics capabilities for functionalities such as single-pilot operation, weather overlays on a moving map display and other features that reduce pilot workload while enhancing the S-76D helicopter’s capabilities. V400 software provides an integrated cockpit solution to allow use of optional SiriusXM™ weather overlays on the moving map, Mode S Transponder transmission of Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast data, and Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance, for both runway and heliports.
“This certification provides our customers with innovative software that will improve their in-flight experience,” said Leon Silva, director, S-76 Helicopter Programs. “This software will provide the operators with enhanced safety capabilities and an even more reliable aircraft.”
Sikorsky has delivered more than 800 S-76 helicopters to customers globally since 1979, contributing daily to a growing 6.5-million-plus fleet flight hours total.
The new generation S-76D helicopter, through its application of modern technologies, provides a substantial increase in performance, power and authority. The S-76D helicopter’s baseline equipment includes powerful and efficient Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210S engines; an advanced THALES TopDeck® integrated avionics system and four-axis autopilot; Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) incorporated into fleet monitoring and analysis; active vibration control; and all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program
- Associated Aircraft Group expands offerings in the Northeast
- First Sikorsky S76D arrives in Europe
- Nova Scotia EMS Tender Decision on Hold
- Canadian operator buys Sikorsky S-76D
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- AAG donates flights to Patient AirLift Services