The acquisition of Cape York Helicopters will broaden the diversity of Nautilus Aviation’s current operation and expand the current fleet of helicopters to 22.
Nautilus Aviation continues to develop in to one of Australia’s leading rotary wing operators, providing exceptional customer service and raising industry standards.
Aaron Finn, chief executive officer of Nautilus Aviation, has welcomed the new deal.
“The acquisition of a respected company like Cape York Helicopters, a proven family business throughout North Queensland for over 20 years is the perfect complement to our existing operation.”
Nautilus Aviation will now have fixed bases in Townsville, Cairns and Horn Island with the ability to service the whole of North Queensland.
The existing Cape York Helicopters fleet will now be supported by Nautilus Aviation’s recently ordered EC130T2, and current fleet consisting of the EC130B4, EC120, Bell 407 Bell 206L and Bell 206 helicopters.
Yvonne Wallace owner of Cape York Helicopters, said she was very proud of what the company had achieved and felt this was an excellent opportunity to move into retirement, while handing over to a company so well positioned for future growth and expansion.
“The new agreement will see Nautilus Aviation continue to offer the same great level of safety and service provided to their existing and current Cape York Helicopters clients.
“They will endeavour to employ existing staff and service providers where possible,” she added.
About Nautilus Aviation
Operating from fixed bases in Townsville, Cairns, and Horn Island, Nautilus Aviation provides industry leading helicopter services in tourism, public service, commercial and emergency response. With a fleet of 12 helicopters, including Bell 407, EC130 and EC120, Nautilus Aviation have some of the most modern helicopters in Australia, an impeccable safety record and a team of highly experienced pilots. Nautilus Aviation is part of the Colonial Leisure Group who own and operate a number of hospitality venues across Australia, including Orpheus Island Lodge, Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa, Daintree Hotel & General Store and the pending acquisition of Jupiters Hotel & Casino in Townsville. For a full list of services, simply visit www.nautilusaviation.com.au.
About Cape York Helicopters
From its head office in Cairns, the company oversees an extensive charter fleet of both piston and turbine helicopters. With bases at Cairns and Horn Island, its fleet of ten aircraft and 16 staff, offers an advanced level of service and experience Australia wide. The company focus has always been aimed at the charter and utility market, providing passenger transfers, sling, low level survey, photography, geological sampling, power line stringing and search and rescue. An international approval also allows fast and easy access into Daru Island, PNG from the Horn Island Base. The company’s infrastructure and knowledge of Cape York and the Torres Strait enables the provision of fast, reliable and economical service to all its clients.
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command
- Leonardo and PGZ to collaborate on new AW249 combat helicopter
- AeroTex UK leverages VABS for simulation of composite rotor blades
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- Nepal Army Constructs Helipad at Nepal-China border (Hilsa)
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Bell Training Academy opens Floyd Carlson Airfield
- Airbus delivers law enforcement H125s in North America faster than one per month
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- MQ-8C Fire Scout completes operational test and evaluation
- IMT Vislink Launches New TSM-2020 Transport Management System
- Kopter announces North American subsidiary