The continuing steps being taken to improve further the safety of offshore helicopter flights will be outlined to the oil and gas sector on Thursday (October 2).
Seven months after the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) published its ‘CAP1145’ report containing a series of actions and recommendations for helicopter safety, Oil & Gas UK is hosting a helicopter safety breakfast briefing at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre.
Mark Swan, group director, safety and airspace regulation, CAA will give a talk about the report at the Safety in the North Sea – What is the future for our Helicopters? event sponsored by Petrotechnics.
Robert Paterson, health, safety and employment issues director at Oil & Gas UK said:
“Understandably there has been a significantly increased focus on post-incident safety and survivability. There is, however, a considerable amount of work being undertaken to ensure helicopter travel is even safer. Improvements in safety are being identified, assessed and delivered in a collaborative effort involving helicopter operators, aircraft manufacturers, regulators, oil and gas companies, and groups that represent passengers. Hopefully this breakfast briefing will go some way to help further restore confidence in the safety of helicopter operations.”
Following Mr Swan’s talk, he will participate in a question and answer session together with the following panellists: Mark Abbey, Regional Director Western North Sea, CHC Helicopter; Luke Farajallah, Managing Director, Bond Offshore Helicopters Ltd; and Tim Glasspool, Head of Flight Operations (Europe), Bristow Helicopters Ltd.
Mr Swan added: “The safety of those who use offshore helicopter flights is our absolutely priority. When we published our review of the area in February a lot of the attention was understandably focused on changes around survivability, but actually the vast majority of the actions and recommendations in our report are aimed at the prevention of accidents through improved helicopter design, operations, and aspects of training and maintenance.”
Oil & Gas UK
Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its growing membership, which comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies, now num-bers 485 organisations.
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Helinetwork presents you with a new free service – RotorPlace.
- LCI closes on $55M capital market financing
- Era Group Celebrates 70 Years of Service
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- Helipass reaches 6 million bookings
- Where in the USA Do Helicopter Accidents Occur?
- Sikorsky awarded $127M contract for CH-53K Production
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- BIRD Aerosystems wins follow-on contract for ASIO SMA
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Voom helicopter booking platform joins Airbus
- USHST appoints Government Co-Chair
- Wills and Legal Services raises £540,000 for hospital helipads
- Convention Data Services signs three year Heli-Expo contract
- Avian-Precise Co awarded $57M contract for Vertical Lift Engineering
- First EMS AW169 launched in the Nordics
- Japan Coast Guard acquires four Bell 505s
- CHC Appoints New General Counsel
- Alyssum Group acquires aviation services company RocketRoute