The continuing steps being taken to improve further the safety of offshore helicopter flights will be outlined to the oil and gas sector on Thursday (October 2).
Seven months after the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) published its ‘CAP1145’ report containing a series of actions and recommendations for helicopter safety, Oil & Gas UK is hosting a helicopter safety breakfast briefing at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre.
Mark Swan, group director, safety and airspace regulation, CAA will give a talk about the report at the Safety in the North Sea – What is the future for our Helicopters? event sponsored by Petrotechnics.
Robert Paterson, health, safety and employment issues director at Oil & Gas UK said:
“Understandably there has been a significantly increased focus on post-incident safety and survivability. There is, however, a considerable amount of work being undertaken to ensure helicopter travel is even safer. Improvements in safety are being identified, assessed and delivered in a collaborative effort involving helicopter operators, aircraft manufacturers, regulators, oil and gas companies, and groups that represent passengers. Hopefully this breakfast briefing will go some way to help further restore confidence in the safety of helicopter operations.”
Following Mr Swan’s talk, he will participate in a question and answer session together with the following panellists: Mark Abbey, Regional Director Western North Sea, CHC Helicopter; Luke Farajallah, Managing Director, Bond Offshore Helicopters Ltd; and Tim Glasspool, Head of Flight Operations (Europe), Bristow Helicopters Ltd.
Mr Swan added: “The safety of those who use offshore helicopter flights is our absolutely priority. When we published our review of the area in February a lot of the attention was understandably focused on changes around survivability, but actually the vast majority of the actions and recommendations in our report are aimed at the prevention of accidents through improved helicopter design, operations, and aspects of training and maintenance.”
Oil & Gas UK
Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its growing membership, which comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies, now num-bers 485 organisations.
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight