This year’s Education Programme at Helitech International lifts off on 14th October with the Business and Strategy Conference which will host a round table discussion featuring high-level speakers including Jonathan Baliff, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO),Bristow Group; Robert Dranitzke, Managing Director, Milestone Aviation; Daniele Romiti, CEO, AgustaWestland and Guillaume Faury, President and CEO, Airbus Helicopters. The programme will also include a presentation from Kevin Shelton-Smith, Chief Aviation Projects and Planning at the United Nations, on the introduction of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) in the UN fleet.
The conference will address key issues facing the rotorcraft industry over the next five to ten years, the outlook for global rotorcraft sales and identify key regional trends and market opportunities. The forum will debate both the challenges and the opportunities that lie ahead, as well as looking at how Original Equipment Manufacturers and their industry partners might support future rotorcraft business growth.
“Our customers perform demanding missions all over the world, day by day, in difficult environments,” said Mr Faury. “Inspired by Airbus and other industries, we are transforming ourselves to offer them a new standard and to better contribute to their own missions and objectives. Safety is my number one priority.”
The UN spends $1bn per annum chartering aircraft to support its 17 peacekeeping missions around the world. Kevin Shelton-Smith will briefly describe the helicopter operations and how the UN is trialing new solicitation methods to attract modern assets and quality. He will discuss the introduction last year of UAVs in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and explain the impact of UAVs on UN helicopter utilisation and the lessons learnt from this experience.
“This is an exciting and challenging time for UN Aviation and I look forward to discussing these opportunities at Helitech International,” said Mr Shelton-Smith.
For more information on the Business and Strategy Conference: http://www.helitechevents.com/en/agenda/Business-and-Strategy-Conference/
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident
- STARS wins international competition
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- APSA seeks nominees for Board of Directors
- China and Russia ready to sign on heavy-lift helicopter