This year’s Education Programme at Helitech International lifts off on 14th October with the Business and Strategy Conference which will host a round table discussion featuring high-level speakers including Jonathan Baliff, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO),Bristow Group; Robert Dranitzke, Managing Director, Milestone Aviation; Daniele Romiti, CEO, AgustaWestland and Guillaume Faury, President and CEO, Airbus Helicopters. The programme will also include a presentation from Kevin Shelton-Smith, Chief Aviation Projects and Planning at the United Nations, on the introduction of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) in the UN fleet.
The conference will address key issues facing the rotorcraft industry over the next five to ten years, the outlook for global rotorcraft sales and identify key regional trends and market opportunities. The forum will debate both the challenges and the opportunities that lie ahead, as well as looking at how Original Equipment Manufacturers and their industry partners might support future rotorcraft business growth.
“Our customers perform demanding missions all over the world, day by day, in difficult environments,” said Mr Faury. “Inspired by Airbus and other industries, we are transforming ourselves to offer them a new standard and to better contribute to their own missions and objectives. Safety is my number one priority.”
The UN spends $1bn per annum chartering aircraft to support its 17 peacekeeping missions around the world. Kevin Shelton-Smith will briefly describe the helicopter operations and how the UN is trialing new solicitation methods to attract modern assets and quality. He will discuss the introduction last year of UAVs in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and explain the impact of UAVs on UN helicopter utilisation and the lessons learnt from this experience.
“This is an exciting and challenging time for UN Aviation and I look forward to discussing these opportunities at Helitech International,” said Mr Shelton-Smith.
For more information on the Business and Strategy Conference: http://www.helitechevents.com/en/agenda/Business-and-Strategy-Conference/
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30