AgustaWestland is pleased to announce the sale of two more AW169 helicopters in the UK for corporate transportation, continuing the success of the type in the UK market. The helicopters, sold to undisclosed corporate customers, are scheduled to be delivered in 2016. This latest contract brings the total sales of AW169 helicopters in the UK to 13, for air ambulance and corporate/VIP transport applications.
A versatile, new generation twin engine light intermediate category helicopter, the 4.5 tonne AW169 has been designed in response to the growing market demand for an aircraft that delivers high performance, meets all the latest safety standards and has multi-role capabilities. The AW169 incorporates several new technology features in the rotor system, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation and distribution systems, and is the first all new helicopter in its class in more than 30 years.
The AW169’s avionic suite introduces state-of-the-art technology including a full digital NVG compatible cockpit with three 8” x 10” large area displays (AMLCD) and touch screen technology with enhanced graphics capability for maximum situational awareness. A 4-axis digital automatic flight control system (DAFCS) with dual Flight Management System (FMS) minimises crew workload allowing single/dual pilot VFR/IFR operations. The avionics suite also complies with satellite-based navigation, communication and surveillance requirements and has the capability to perform satellite-based IFR LPV (localizer performance with vertical guidance) approaches to maximize round-the-clock utilisation of the helicopter. Safety enhancing avionics such as Terrain Awareness Warning Systems, airborne collision avoidance systems can be added to the standard avionic configuration.
The AW169 helicopter is part of AgustaWestland’s family of new generation helicopters that also includes the AW139 and AW189. These helicopters all possess the same high-performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach facilitates synergies for operators of these models in areas such as training, maintenance and support.
Over 120 AW169 helicopters have now been ordered by customers around the world for a wide range of applications including air ambulance, law enforcement, corporate & VIP transport, offshore transport and utility roles.
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- 27-Oct-18 G-VSKP Leonardo AW169 Leicester, UK (5F)
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- London Oxford Airport welcomes newest tenant
- EASA approves United Rotorcraft EMS interior STC for AW139 and AW169
- Waypoint Enters Taiwanese Market
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- LCI Delivers 3rd EMS AW169 to Elitaliana
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- Swiss operator orders AW169
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- First EMS AW169 launched in the Nordics
- Asahi Broadcasting Corporation chooses AW169
- CHC Completes First Flight for Ørsted’s Hornsea Project One
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract