Helijet has begun the process of establishing scheduled helicopter service between its downtown Vancouver Heliport and Nanaimo’s Cruise Ship Centre facility, utilizing its fleet of familiar 12-passenger, twin engine, two-pilot Sikorsky helicopters.
In recognition of a growing demand for fast, convenient air service between the two centres, especially for business travellers and commuters, Helijet plans to offer up to seven return flights daily Monday through Friday during the busy fall and winter seasons, when its air services are typically in high demand.
Helijet will offer the fastest, most efficient and reliable air travel available between the two business centres, with flights taking just 18 minutes each way, day or night. In addition, Helijet will offer complimentary all-day vehicle parking for its Nanaimo passengers, as it does at all of its passenger terminals. Complimentary ground shuttle service to downtown locations will also be available, along with 15 minute prior-to-boarding check-in service, complimented with food and beverage service.
“We’ve identified launching a new route between Nanaimo and Vancouver as a priority for us, and we’re working through all of the many planning, logistical, and operational matters that go with setting up an entirely new route like this,” says Helijet President and CEO Danny Sitnam. “As for when we’ll launch our inaugural flights, the timeline’s still a bit fluid, and depends entirely on how quickly all of the approvals and groundwork can come together. Best-case scenario, we could start as soon as this Winter, although a lot of work has yet to be completed, so an exact start-up date will be forthcoming.”
“The Nanaimo Port Authority is very pleased to support Helijet with transportation options for Island residents and travelers to Vancouver Island,” added Bernie Dumas, President & CEO, Nanaimo Port Authority. “Helijet’s reputation as an efficient service enhances the links to our central island location and contributes to flexible itineraries for business and tourism activities.”
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service carrying well over two million passengers in the past 28 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific North West.
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training