FlightSafety International announces that it has entered into a comprehensive long-term agreement with Air Methods – the global leader in air medical transportation – to provide four LevelD qualified full flight simulators at the Company’s new Learning Center in Colorado. The facility is scheduled to open in 2016.
“We look forward to opening this new center of excellence for helicopter training in Colorado to serve Air Methods,” said Bruce Whitman, President and CEO. “Air Methods is setting a new standard for helicopter safety by insisting on Level D qualified simulator-based training for their pilots who fly single and twin-engine helicopters. This agreement demonstrates the commitment Air Methods and FlightSafetyshare to enhance safety and our ability to deliver high quality, cost-effective training solutions and services.”
The Learning Center will be equipped with Level D qualified simulators for the Bell 407GX, Airbus AS350 B3, Airbus EC130T2 and Airbus EC135. The Airbus EC135 is currently being used by Air Methods at FlightSafety’s Learning Center in Dallas, Texas and will be the first simulator to be installed. The remaining three will enter service once FlightSafety completes the design, development, and manufacture of the simulators. The Center will also offer classrooms and a full complement of Customer service areas. It will be expanded in the future to accommodate additional full flight simulators as required.
“As the leader in air medical transportation, Air Methods remains focused on safety for our people, our patients and the industry, overall,” added Aaron Todd, chief executive officer, Air Methods. “We’re excited to welcome the new simulators to our home base in Colorado. Three of the four simulators will be the first of their kind in the United States, further illustrating our commitment to the safe return of each member of our team.”
Air Methods is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc. and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, which provides helicopter tours and charter flights in the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii, respectively. The United Rotorcraft Division specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. Air Methods’ fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 450 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded