A report issued by the University of Scranton says that only 8% of people keep their New Year resolutions, so what is the point of making them in the first place? The same report says that 38% of their sample population never make these resolutions, and perhaps they are the wise ones?
New Year Resolutions must be doomed to failure if only 8% are achieved, but what alternatives are there? Why do we make them? New Year Resolutions are made in the vain hope of improving some aspect of our lives, whether it’s something physical like our weight, getting rid of a bad habit or just something we want to do better than before or better than someone else.
So instead of trying to make resolutions, why not train yourself to be continuously on the lookout for ways to make improvements, and then follow through with the necessary actions. If you are not optimizing every aspect of what you do, why are you waiting for January to address it and then fail at it?
Here are some ideas aimed at business life
- switch off any alerts to do with emails – what an utter waste of time they are!
- check emails four times a day maximum, and set a target to reduce that to three and then two (perhaps by a year from now)
- put “down time” in your diary and NEVER double-book over it
- invest time in learning, keeping up with the industry (read HeliHub.com news perhaps?) and know your competition (do you read their Facebook pages and Twitter feeds?)
- save costs by outsourcing – whoever said that regular tasks cannot be done by someone you’ve never met in another country? It’s good practice to be able to explain a task to someone, so why not pay $7 per hour or less to have it achieved? (try Freelancer.com to start?)
- “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” quote Arianna Huffington, founder of the Huffington Post
Instead of making resolutions, make a revolution in your work life!
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Former Sikorsky and Schweizer facility close to being sold
- Philippine telecom company commercialises flight dept
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication