A report issued by the University of Scranton says that only 8% of people keep their New Year resolutions, so what is the point of making them in the first place? The same report says that 38% of their sample population never make these resolutions, and perhaps they are the wise ones?
New Year Resolutions must be doomed to failure if only 8% are achieved, but what alternatives are there? Why do we make them? New Year Resolutions are made in the vain hope of improving some aspect of our lives, whether it’s something physical like our weight, getting rid of a bad habit or just something we want to do better than before or better than someone else.
So instead of trying to make resolutions, why not train yourself to be continuously on the lookout for ways to make improvements, and then follow through with the necessary actions. If you are not optimizing every aspect of what you do, why are you waiting for January to address it and then fail at it?
Here are some ideas aimed at business life
- switch off any alerts to do with emails – what an utter waste of time they are!
- check emails four times a day maximum, and set a target to reduce that to three and then two (perhaps by a year from now)
- put “down time” in your diary and NEVER double-book over it
- invest time in learning, keeping up with the industry (read HeliHub.com news perhaps?) and know your competition (do you read their Facebook pages and Twitter feeds?)
- save costs by outsourcing – whoever said that regular tasks cannot be done by someone you’ve never met in another country? It’s good practice to be able to explain a task to someone, so why not pay $7 per hour or less to have it achieved? (try Freelancer.com to start?)
- “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” quote Arianna Huffington, founder of the Huffington Post
Instead of making resolutions, make a revolution in your work life!
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- LifeFlight Expands to York County
- NSW Ambulance Paramedic Voices Concerns
- RotorSchmiede VA115 becomes first ultralight helicopter approved in Germany
- Belarusian army to get second batch of Russian Helicopters in April
- SKYe SH09 order-book hits 101 units
- Sundance Helicopters To Offer Superhero Special
- Southern North Sea support heliport being marketed for sale
- HeliOffshore launches training videos to enhance use of automation
- US Marines demonstrate longer range UH-1Ys and AH-1Zs with auxiliary fuel tanks
- Erickson reorganisation plan passed by Bankruptcy Court
- China’s expanding DEA General Aviation debuts at LIMA 17
- Helisota shares Business Process Optimization Secrets
- Pawan Hans and State of Arunachal Pradesh to Pay Compensation
- AOC for Genesis Global Aviation
- Bolloré Logistics Showcases its Helicopter Expertise at the Heli-Expo 2017
- Bristow Forms New SAR Consortium for the Gulf of Mexico
- Malaysian Navy and Airbus celebrate excellence in fleet availability
- Indonesia remains a key contributor to Airbus Helicopters’ global supply chain
- EHang Partners with Dubai RTA to Boost Smart Transport
- Leonardo attends Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace in Malaysia