A new Exhibition opens at The Helicopter Museum this Saturday.
‘The Helicopter Museum At The Movies’ tells of the part Rotorcraft have played in Hollywood films from the latest modern blockbusters all the way back to the black and white flicks of the 1950’s.
On display will be a section of The Beatles Helicopter featured in ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ and the helicopter parts that starred in Tom Cruise’s latest Science Fiction Epic, ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’. An information display also links the types of helicopter on public display in the museum to the Hollywood movies they featured in.
“Most people first encounter helicopters in action on TV and at the movies.” Said Museum Manager, Lee Mills “This display really brings our collection to life, marks its unique relevance to popular culture and grants visitors a whole new perspective to their visit. Museum visitors can now not only learn about the history of our aircraft but also enjoy linking them to the films in which they have seen them.”
The exhibition runs from January 3rd until the beginning of May when it culminates in the Museums annual movie themed charity event, ‘Stars Of Time’.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded