A new Exhibition opens at The Helicopter Museum this Saturday.
‘The Helicopter Museum At The Movies’ tells of the part Rotorcraft have played in Hollywood films from the latest modern blockbusters all the way back to the black and white flicks of the 1950’s.
On display will be a section of The Beatles Helicopter featured in ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ and the helicopter parts that starred in Tom Cruise’s latest Science Fiction Epic, ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’. An information display also links the types of helicopter on public display in the museum to the Hollywood movies they featured in.
“Most people first encounter helicopters in action on TV and at the movies.” Said Museum Manager, Lee Mills “This display really brings our collection to life, marks its unique relevance to popular culture and grants visitors a whole new perspective to their visit. Museum visitors can now not only learn about the history of our aircraft but also enjoy linking them to the films in which they have seen them.”
The exhibition runs from January 3rd until the beginning of May when it culminates in the Museums annual movie themed charity event, ‘Stars Of Time’.
- HAI announces Bell Helicopter Lifetime Achievement Award winner
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter