A new Exhibition opens at The Helicopter Museum this Saturday.
‘The Helicopter Museum At The Movies’ tells of the part Rotorcraft have played in Hollywood films from the latest modern blockbusters all the way back to the black and white flicks of the 1950’s.
On display will be a section of The Beatles Helicopter featured in ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ and the helicopter parts that starred in Tom Cruise’s latest Science Fiction Epic, ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’. An information display also links the types of helicopter on public display in the museum to the Hollywood movies they featured in.
“Most people first encounter helicopters in action on TV and at the movies.” Said Museum Manager, Lee Mills “This display really brings our collection to life, marks its unique relevance to popular culture and grants visitors a whole new perspective to their visit. Museum visitors can now not only learn about the history of our aircraft but also enjoy linking them to the films in which they have seen them.”
The exhibition runs from January 3rd until the beginning of May when it culminates in the Museums annual movie themed charity event, ‘Stars Of Time’.
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018