A new Exhibition opens at The Helicopter Museum this Saturday.
‘The Helicopter Museum At The Movies’ tells of the part Rotorcraft have played in Hollywood films from the latest modern blockbusters all the way back to the black and white flicks of the 1950’s.
On display will be a section of The Beatles Helicopter featured in ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ and the helicopter parts that starred in Tom Cruise’s latest Science Fiction Epic, ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’. An information display also links the types of helicopter on public display in the museum to the Hollywood movies they featured in.
“Most people first encounter helicopters in action on TV and at the movies.” Said Museum Manager, Lee Mills “This display really brings our collection to life, marks its unique relevance to popular culture and grants visitors a whole new perspective to their visit. Museum visitors can now not only learn about the history of our aircraft but also enjoy linking them to the films in which they have seen them.”
The exhibition runs from January 3rd until the beginning of May when it culminates in the Museums annual movie themed charity event, ‘Stars Of Time’.
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON