Wiltshire Air Ambulance (WAA) is pleased to announce that its new helicopter will begin operating on January 9th 2015.
The charity was given the go-ahead for the helicopter, a Bell 429, to undertake Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) missions following a visit by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) today (January 8).
The Bell 429 is a dedicated air ambulance. WAA’s 24 year partnership with Wiltshire Police for a shared helicopter came to an end on December 31 2014 as Wiltshire Police have joined the National Police Air Service (NPAS).
Kevin Reed, Head of Operations at WAA, said: “We are delighted that we have received clearance from the Civil Aviation Authority and our state of the art helicopter can begin operating as an air ambulance tomorrow (January 9).
“We are pleased to be pioneering a brand new helicopter in the UK as this means that the people of Wiltshire will be benefiting from the best available technology and the experience of some of the country’s leading pilots.
“This is a new and exciting era for the charity to operate a dedicated air ambulance with two Critical Care paramedics onboard. Our paramedics deliver gold standard patient care and the helicopter can reach anywhere in Wiltshire within 11 minutes. All the crew and charity staff are proud to serve the public.”
WAA is leasing the Bell 429 helicopter from Heli Charter and Ken Wills, chairman and chief executive of Heli Charter, said: “This is a historic day for Wiltshire Air Ambulance and Heli Charter to begin operating the first Bell 429 as an air ambulance in the UK.
Photo (c) 2014 Graeme Lovell for HeliHub.com
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- NZ CAA approves Oceania Bell 429 Cargo Pod
- Mercy Flight signs for three more 429s
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight
- Heliand add Bell 429 to fleet
- Philippine telecom company commercialises flight dept
- Bell announces British CSF for 429s
- Commercial Bell Helicopter at Helitech 2017
- SAFE Structure designs industry first B429 maintenance stands
- Able Aerospace announces Bell 429 component capabilities
- Bell announces corporate sales of 407GXP and 429 helicopters in Europe
- First Canadian helicopter circumnavigation bid takes off
- Slovakia military orders nine Bell 429s
- Beijing Jinyu General Aviation Receives Delivery of B429
- 10-May-17 OM-BYM Bell 429 Vyšnej Šebastová, Slovakia (2F)
- Tata Steel Ltd. Adds Second Bell 429 to Fleet
- Meghna Aviation to Become First Operator of Bell 429 in Bangladesh
- Bell Helicopter Delivers Two Bell 429s to PT. Carpediem Mandiri