The constant rise of remotely piloted aircraft questions the actual need for conventional helicopters. By making helicopter pilots optional, what does it mean for the future of the industry?
Frost & Sullivan’s Aerospace & Defense expert Industry Analyst Alix Leboulanger will discuss innovation breakouts in helicopters industry and assess key technological programs readiness levels as well as market opportunities and existing barriers.
The online conference will be followed by a live question-and-answer session and will take place on Thursday, 29 January, 2015 at 4 pm GMT/11 am EST.
The live presentation will answer the following questions for a global audience:
1) Why should the helicopter industry consider investing in optionally piloted helicopters (OPHs)?
2) Is the manned/unmanned convergence inevitable for OEMs?
3) What are some of the key features of OPHs that will drive adoption?
4) How will the products and trends surrounding OPHs evolve, leading up to its commercialization?
6) Are customers ready to purchase OPHs?
7) What are the main barriers to market penetration?
“The rise of unmanned aerial systems (UAS) and remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) is shaking the aviation industry, including helicopters. Recent research programs in North America and Europe have been looking at integrating unmanned aerial technology onto existing helicopters capabilities, hence developing a manned/unmanned capable platform, also called an Optionally Piloted Helicopter (OPH),” highlights Alix Leboulanger.
To participate in this complimentary web conference, please email Edyta Grabowska Corporate Communications, at [email protected] with your full contact details. Upon receipt of the above information, a registration link will be e-mailed to you. You may also register to receive a recorded version of the briefing at anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today’s market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
1) The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
2) The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years
- Metro Aviation delivers H145 to Avera Careflight
- Milestone announces two key appointments
- DSCA approved sale of 6 AH-64E Apaches to India
- Babcock wins BP Sheltand operations from Bristow
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109