Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS) announced today that The Honorable David C. Gompert has been appointed to its Board of Directors. The appointment was effective February 4.
Mr. Gompert, age 69, currently serves as a Director on the Board of Global Defense & National Securities Systems, Inc., where he is chairman of the Compensation Committee and a member of the Audit Committee and the Nominating Committee. He is also Chairman of the Board of Global Integrated Security (USA) Inc., the U.S. security services business of Global Strategies Group. In addition, Mr. Gompert is Distinguished Visiting Professor for National Security Studies at the United States Naval Academy and Adjunct Senior Fellow at the RAND Corporation. He has had a prominent career in the United States government, holding senior positions including Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence and Acting Director of National Intelligence under President Obama, Special Assistant to President George H. W. Bush, and Special Assistant to Secretary of State Kissinger. He also worked in the private sector, holding senior executive positions at Unisys and AT&T, as well as in top-level positions at the RAND Corporation.
Thomas C. Knudson, Bristow Group Chairman, stated, “We are delighted that David has agreed to join the Bristow Board of Directors. His distinguished career, executive leadership, and experience in government, government services and international relations will be critical to our Board and management as Bristow performs search and rescue operations on behalf of the Maritime & Coastguard Agency for the United Kingdom and seeks additional opportunities to provide services to other governments around the world while growing our traditional energy client base.”
Mr. Gompert is also a member of the American Academy of Diplomacy, the Council on Foreign Relations and the Advisory Board of the Center for Cyber Studies at the U.S. Naval Academy. He holds a B.S. in Engineering from the U.S. Naval Academy and a M.P.A. from Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs.
Jonathan E. Baliff, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated “Mr. Gompert has a rare blend of senior government and private sector experience. He brings a depth of knowledge and intellect in international relations, science and technology, and business with governments to Bristow. The Board of Directors and the management team look forward to his contributions to our organization.”
ABOUT BRISTOW GROUP INC. Bristow Group Inc. is the leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated and one of two helicopter service providers to the offshore energy industry with global operations. The Company has major transportation operations in the North Sea, Nigeria and the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, and in most of the other major offshore oil and gas producing regions of the world, including Australia, Brazil, Russia and Trinidad. For more information, visit the Company’s website at www.bristowgroup.com.
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years
- Metro Aviation delivers H145 to Avera Careflight
- Milestone announces two key appointments
- DSCA approved sale of 6 AH-64E Apaches to India
- Babcock wins BP Sheltand operations from Bristow
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109