Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS) announced today that The Honorable David C. Gompert has been appointed to its Board of Directors. The appointment was effective February 4.
Mr. Gompert, age 69, currently serves as a Director on the Board of Global Defense & National Securities Systems, Inc., where he is chairman of the Compensation Committee and a member of the Audit Committee and the Nominating Committee. He is also Chairman of the Board of Global Integrated Security (USA) Inc., the U.S. security services business of Global Strategies Group. In addition, Mr. Gompert is Distinguished Visiting Professor for National Security Studies at the United States Naval Academy and Adjunct Senior Fellow at the RAND Corporation. He has had a prominent career in the United States government, holding senior positions including Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence and Acting Director of National Intelligence under President Obama, Special Assistant to President George H. W. Bush, and Special Assistant to Secretary of State Kissinger. He also worked in the private sector, holding senior executive positions at Unisys and AT&T, as well as in top-level positions at the RAND Corporation.
Thomas C. Knudson, Bristow Group Chairman, stated, “We are delighted that David has agreed to join the Bristow Board of Directors. His distinguished career, executive leadership, and experience in government, government services and international relations will be critical to our Board and management as Bristow performs search and rescue operations on behalf of the Maritime & Coastguard Agency for the United Kingdom and seeks additional opportunities to provide services to other governments around the world while growing our traditional energy client base.”
Mr. Gompert is also a member of the American Academy of Diplomacy, the Council on Foreign Relations and the Advisory Board of the Center for Cyber Studies at the U.S. Naval Academy. He holds a B.S. in Engineering from the U.S. Naval Academy and a M.P.A. from Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs.
Jonathan E. Baliff, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated “Mr. Gompert has a rare blend of senior government and private sector experience. He brings a depth of knowledge and intellect in international relations, science and technology, and business with governments to Bristow. The Board of Directors and the management team look forward to his contributions to our organization.”
ABOUT BRISTOW GROUP INC. Bristow Group Inc. is the leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated and one of two helicopter service providers to the offshore energy industry with global operations. The Company has major transportation operations in the North Sea, Nigeria and the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, and in most of the other major offshore oil and gas producing regions of the world, including Australia, Brazil, Russia and Trinidad. For more information, visit the Company’s website at www.bristowgroup.com.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet