Phoenix Heliparts (PHP) is pleased to announce its partnership with True Blue Power®, a division of Mid-Continent Instrument Co. Inc., to pursue a series of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 27 Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) for the installation of the True Blue Power TB17 Advanced Lithium-ion Battery into many of the airframes PHP supports. Initial STC certification plans for the TB17 include the MD Series helicopters, with anticipated completion in early 2016.
“The TB17 is a main ship battery that provides significant weight savings when compared to older, lead-acid and NiCad batteries. It requires less maintenance, offers cooler engine starts, faster recharge rates, and better cold weather performance,” said Tina Cannon, PHP President. PHP and Phoenix Heli-Support service a wide range of military, commercial and private aircraft including, Bell, MD, and Airbus helicopters. “Our customers need every ounce of useful load,” Cannon said. “The weight savings alone is tremendous. It translates into more fuel and equipment on board.”
“As the number of True Blue Power’s certified lithium-ion products continues to grow, the incorporation of this advanced technology by airframe manufacturers, maintenance and modification centers gains momentum,” explained Rick Slater, True Blue Power Division Manager. “Phoenix Heliparts was quick to identify that the significant weight savings, desirable operational characteristics, and reduced maintenance costs are ideal for the rotorcraft market. We’re thrilled to be working with PHP. Completing this series of Part 27 STCs is the first step in delivering this important technology to their wide-reaching customer base,” added Slater.
The TB17 Advanced Lithium-ion Battery utilizes a proprietary Nanophosphate® Lithium-ion cell chemistry that offers superior energy density, delivering 3 times the energy per kilogram when compared to lead acid. True Blue Power products are engineered to provide an overall lower cost of ownership with 50 to 90 percent less scheduled maintenance cost. This is the result of increased durability, two-year maintenance intervals, efficient engine starts and gaining two to three times longer useful battery life.
The TB17 Advanced Lithium-ion Battery will be on display at the Phoenix Heliparts Booth No. 2059 and the True Blue Power Booth No. 712 throughout the Helicopter Association International (HAI) Heli-Expo, March 3-5 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
For more information about Phoenix Heliparts, contact Tina Cannon at (480) 985-7994 or visit www.phoenixheliparts.com.
For more information about Advanced Lithium-ion Batteries or the True Blue Power product line, contact Rick Slater, True Blue Power Division Manager, at 316-630-0101 or visit truebluepowerusa.com.
About Phoenix Heliparts
Founded in 2003, Phoenix Heliparts has extensive experience servicing its diverse, worldwide customer base, and specializes in heavy structural repairs, maintenance, overhaul, completions, restorations, refurbishments, engineering, and avionics, with an emphasis on customizing aircraft for its clients’ individual needs. Their service includes offering a significant parts inventory for immediate shipment. Capabilities include engineering, avionics, interiors, sheet metal, AP & IA mechanics, field support, engine management, and component overhaul.
About True Blue Power
True Blue Power, a division of Mid-Continent Instrument Co., Inc., specializes in the innovative design and manufacturing of next-generation power solutions for the global aviation industry. All True Blue Power products are housed in signature true-blue casing and combine proven technology with superior quality, ingenuity and decades of experience. The True Blue Power product line includes USB charging ports, DC-to-AC inverters, emergency power supplies and advanced lithium-ion batteries. Select products feature proprietary Nanophosphate® Lithium-ion cell chemistry, which offers stable chemistry, faster charging, consistent output, excellent cycle life and superior cost performance — this translates into smaller, lighter products that are less than half the size and weight of existing solutions.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023