Phoenix Heliparts today announced the approval of a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) that allows installation of the Aspen Avionics Evolution Flight Display System in a range of MD Helicopters.
The STC authorizes Phoenix Heliparts to install Aspen’s single- or dual-display Pilot, Pro 1000, Pro 1500 and Pro 2000 systems in MD 369, MD 530F, MD 530FF and MD 520N helicopters. The equipment features an integral air data computer and attitude heading reference system and enables rotorcraft operators to replace legacy mechanical flight instruments with reliable solid-state electronic displays.
An MD 530F equipped with the new glass cockpit equipment is available for purchase and will be on display in the Phoenix Heliparts exhibit (2059) at Heli-Expo 2015.
“Operators are very interested in the glass cockpit, and we are happy to bring this important upgrade to the rotorcraft market,” said Tina Cannon, president of Phoenix Heliparts. “This is good news, and we expect strong interest at Heli-Expo.”
“We are pleased that Phoenix Heliparts is bringing this compelling solution for situational awareness to the MD Helicopters fleet,” said Mark Ferrari, vice president sales and customer support, Aspen Avionics. “Their significant MD 500 platform expertise adds an important dimension to the overall offering.”
Founded in 2003, Phoenix Heliparts has extensive experience servicing its diverse, worldwide customer base, and specializes in heavy structural repairs, maintenance, overhaul, completions, restorations, refurbishments, engineering, and avionics, with an emphasis on customizing aircraft for its clients’ individual needs. Their service includes offering a significant parts inventory for immediate shipment. Capabilities include engineering, avionics, interiors, sheet metal, AP & IA mechanics, field support, engine management, and component overhaul.
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’