Safe Flight Instrument Corporation of White Plains, NY announced that Skyhorse Aviation of Pretoria, South Africa is the launch customer of Safe Flight’s Powerline Detection System (PDS) for the Airbus Helicopters AS350.
Safe Flight’s PDS has been certified by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) under Supplemental Type Certificate (STC). The system operates worldwide to detect 50Hz/60Hz power line frequency emissions. The PDS is an extremely lightweight (less than 2.0 lbs. installed) passive system that alerts the pilot when approaching an energized power line. The system provides both a visual and aural warning to the crew. As the aircraft approaches the hazard, the aural tone intensifies, cautioning the pilot.
Skyhorse Aviation specializes in providing helicopter support and charter throughout Africa. The Skyhorse fleet currently consists of eight new generation AS350 series helicopters and two Pilatus PC-6 fixed-wing aircraft.
Safe Flight Instrument Corporation, a leader in aviation safety and flight performance systems, was founded in 1946. Headquartered in White Plains, New York, the company pioneered the development of Stall Warning and Angle of Attack, Automatic Throttle Systems, Wind Shear Warning, and many other innovations in aircraft instrumentation, flight performance and control systems for fixed and rotary winged aircraft. In the helicopter market, Safe Flight produces Powerline Detection, Exceedance Warning and an Icing Conditions Detector. Safe Flight products are installed on over two-thirds of the world’s aircraft in the general aviation, corporate, commercial and military sectors. To find out more, please visit www.safeflight.com.
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- Heli-One Norway Adds Airbus AS350 Blade Repair Capability
- FAA approves AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit from Swiss Rotor Solutions
- 20-Aug-17 OE-XTM Airbus AS350B3 Cabril, Portugal (1F)
- AeroBrigham to represent Swiss Rotor Solutions in US
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank
- Swiss Rotor Solutions takes AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit to ALEA 2017
- 22-May-17 N207CH Airbus AS350B2 Herbert Glacier, US-Alaska
- 13-May-17 HB-ZTM Airbus AS350B2 Kandersteg, Switzerland (1F)
- H125 FastFin Approved by Transport Canada
- 10-May-17 G-HKCN Airbus H125 Bergen, Norway
- Swedish pilots involved in helicopter accident
- 07-May-17 9N-AKG Airbus AS350B3e Everest Base Camp, Nepal