Safe Flight Instrument Corporation of White Plains, NY announced that Skyhorse Aviation of Pretoria, South Africa is the launch customer of Safe Flight’s Powerline Detection System (PDS) for the Airbus Helicopters AS350.
Safe Flight’s PDS has been certified by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) under Supplemental Type Certificate (STC). The system operates worldwide to detect 50Hz/60Hz power line frequency emissions. The PDS is an extremely lightweight (less than 2.0 lbs. installed) passive system that alerts the pilot when approaching an energized power line. The system provides both a visual and aural warning to the crew. As the aircraft approaches the hazard, the aural tone intensifies, cautioning the pilot.
Skyhorse Aviation specializes in providing helicopter support and charter throughout Africa. The Skyhorse fleet currently consists of eight new generation AS350 series helicopters and two Pilatus PC-6 fixed-wing aircraft.
Safe Flight Instrument Corporation, a leader in aviation safety and flight performance systems, was founded in 1946. Headquartered in White Plains, New York, the company pioneered the development of Stall Warning and Angle of Attack, Automatic Throttle Systems, Wind Shear Warning, and many other innovations in aircraft instrumentation, flight performance and control systems for fixed and rotary winged aircraft. In the helicopter market, Safe Flight produces Powerline Detection, Exceedance Warning and an Icing Conditions Detector. Safe Flight products are installed on over two-thirds of the world’s aircraft in the general aviation, corporate, commercial and military sectors. To find out more, please visit www.safeflight.com.
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- BLR Aerospace Announces First H125 FastFin System Factory Installation
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters