Vector Aerospace Corporation (“Vector Aerospace”), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (“MRO”) services, is pleased to announce that Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services – North America (“HS-NA”) has been awarded a contract by the Royal Thai Navy (“RTN”) for the airframe refurbishment of one of the RTN’s Sikorsky S-76B aircraft including a complete re-wire, airframe repairs, maintenance and full paint.
This is third aircraft in recent years that Vector Aerospace has been awarded a multi-million dollar contract from the RTN to refurbish a Sikorsky S-76B aircraft, having received its first Certificate of Acceptance from the RTN after completing work on the first S-76B in 2010.
“We are pleased to have been reselected to perform a full refurbishment on one of the RTN’s S76B aircraft and we will work hard to deliver a high quality product on time and on budget,” states Chris McDowell, vice president, sales and marketing at HS-NA. “This most recent contract win in Thailand reinforces HS-NA’s strong commercial presence with the various military and para-public helicopter operators in the country.”
“Vector has performed top-quality service on our S-76Bs over the past four years and we have been consistently satisfied with the results, states the Commander of the Naval Air Division, Royal Thai Navy. “Above and beyond the economic requirements, we selected Vector Aerospace based on their previous support and extensive experience with S-76B aircraft maintenance.”
The Royal Thai Navy’s fleet of six S-76Bs were purchased in 1996 and are primarily used for SAR and mission transport, deployed out of U-Tapao to various locations in Thailand.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky. Its capabilities include major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, full-service avionics capability including aircraft rewiring, as well as mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
About the Royal Thai Navy
Thailand’s naval fleet operates primarily out of the sprawling, modern naval station at Sattahip, southeast of Bangkok. The Royal Thai Navy has a marine corps, modeled on the American pattern, skilled in both amphibious and jungle operations. The RTN has personnel strength of 64,000. This complement includes the manpower of the Naval Air Arm (1,200), Marine Corps (20,000) and Coastal Defense Command.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace serves commercial and military customers in supporting gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector Aerospace’s 2,700 employees act with integrity in setting the standard of customer service.
More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com.
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight