Enstrom Helicopter Corporation is pleased to announce that the final 4 Enstrom 480B turbine training helicopters were accepted by the Japanese Ground Self Defense Force. The aircraft were delivered by Aero Facility Co Ltd, Enstrom’s authorized sales representative in Japan.
The 480B was originally selected by the JGSDF in 2010 to replace their fleet of legacy training helicopters. As part of the phased delivery program, a total of 30 helicopters were delivered over 5 years on time and on budget. The 480B’s are used for ab-initio training of all future JGSDF pilots.
“This is a great milestone for Enstrom and it could not have been accomplished without the excellent team of people that work here, at HSI in Janesville, WI, David Blake of Blake & DeJong,and at Aero Facilities in Japan,” said Enstrom President and CEO, Mr. Tracy Biegler. The program is largest in Enstrom company history, and helped establish the 480B as one of the premier military training helicopters on the market today.
Enstrom is represented in Asia by Blake & DeJong Ltd., and in Japan by Aero Facility Co. Ltd. Service support for the JGSDF program is provided by JAMCO Corporation in Japan.
Enstrom Helicopter Corporation
Enstrom Helicopter Corporation designs and builds light, single engine helicopters, both piston and turbine, for personal, commercial, and government use. Located in Menominee, Michigan, the company has been manufacturing helicopters for more than 50 years. Enstrom is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chongqing General Aviation Industry Group Co., Ltd. (CGAG). For more information on Enstrom, visit www.enstromhelicopter.com.
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- 10-May-17 N480W Enstrom 480 Pfunders, Italy (1F)
- Enstrom Delivers 480B to Sharkeys Helicopter
- Enstrom signs new 5-year agreement for M250 engines
- R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total
- 09-Sep-15 G-IGHH Enstrom 280 Aldbury, UK
- Enstrom Delivers First 480B-G
- FAA approves Enstrom 480B-G – the Garmin G1000H equipped 480
- Enstrom Adds Dealers, Continues Innovation
- Czech Republic – DSA adds Enstrom 480 to fleet
- Venezuela signs for 16 Enstrom 480Bs
- Glass Panel Display STC for Enstrom Helicopters Nears Final Approval
- New CEO at Enstrom from 1st February
- Brazil and Argentina update Enstrom 480 certification
- L-3’s Trilogy ESI selected by Enstrom for 480B
- Menominee City Council decision helps Enstrom
- Helicopter Specialties delivers two Enstrom 480Bs to Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Enstrom appoints construction company for 77,000 sq.ft extension