Vector Aerospace Corporation (“Vector Aerospace”), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (“MRO”) services, is pleased to announce that Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services – North America (“HS-NA”) will provide the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department (“SBCSD”) with modification, repair and overhaul services for their Bell 212 helicopter, including installation of STC# SR01142LA, a new Pratt and Whitney PT6T-3DF Twin-Pac, and all required BHT Technical Bulletins, to provide increased OEI performance and limits.
Vector Aerospace will also provide airframe, tail boom, cowling, components and instrumentation MRO for SBCSD’s Bell 212 including a 10,000hr LH Main Beam Cap replacement, LH/RH and Center Engine Deck replacement, interior and exterior paint touch up and all post installation ground and flight testing.
“We are delighted to have been selected by SBCSD to provide our MRO services for their Bell 212,” says Chris McDowell, vice president sales and marketing at HS-NA. “This accordance is an example of Vector Aerospace’s broad range of airframe and component MRO capabilities for the Bell medium helicopter platform.”
“Over and above the economic elements, our decision to entrust Vector Aerospace with providing MRO support for our Bell 212 was based on their expertise in airframe and component MRO on this particular Bell platform, as well as the superior quality and customer service they offer to all of their customers,” says Lieutenant Mitch Dattilo, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky. Its capabilities include major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, full-service avionics capability including aircraft rewiring, as well as mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
About San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department (SBCSD) Aviation Division
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Aviation Division is the lead aerial law enforcement agency in our county. The Sheriff’s Aviation Division provides assistance to all allied Federal/State/County and city agencies. The Aviation Division also supports and responds to Region 6 counties through California State OES. The division provides the following services: general law enforcement support, narcotics surveillance, personnel/cargo transport, airborne photography, search and rescue/recovery, multi-agency pursuit coordination, wild land fire suppression and emergency medical services transport. Public relations displays and recruitment support.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace serves commercial and military customers in supporting gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector Aerospace’s 2,700 employees act with integrity in setting the standard of customer service.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023