Vector Aerospace Corporation (“Vector Aerospace”), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (“MRO”) services, is pleased to announce that Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services – North America (“HS-NA”) will provide the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department (“SBCSD”) with modification, repair and overhaul services for their Bell 212 helicopter, including installation of STC# SR01142LA, a new Pratt and Whitney PT6T-3DF Twin-Pac, and all required BHT Technical Bulletins, to provide increased OEI performance and limits.
Vector Aerospace will also provide airframe, tail boom, cowling, components and instrumentation MRO for SBCSD’s Bell 212 including a 10,000hr LH Main Beam Cap replacement, LH/RH and Center Engine Deck replacement, interior and exterior paint touch up and all post installation ground and flight testing.
“We are delighted to have been selected by SBCSD to provide our MRO services for their Bell 212,” says Chris McDowell, vice president sales and marketing at HS-NA. “This accordance is an example of Vector Aerospace’s broad range of airframe and component MRO capabilities for the Bell medium helicopter platform.”
“Over and above the economic elements, our decision to entrust Vector Aerospace with providing MRO support for our Bell 212 was based on their expertise in airframe and component MRO on this particular Bell platform, as well as the superior quality and customer service they offer to all of their customers,” says Lieutenant Mitch Dattilo, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky. Its capabilities include major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, full-service avionics capability including aircraft rewiring, as well as mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
About San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department (SBCSD) Aviation Division
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Aviation Division is the lead aerial law enforcement agency in our county. The Sheriff’s Aviation Division provides assistance to all allied Federal/State/County and city agencies. The Aviation Division also supports and responds to Region 6 counties through California State OES. The division provides the following services: general law enforcement support, narcotics surveillance, personnel/cargo transport, airborne photography, search and rescue/recovery, multi-agency pursuit coordination, wild land fire suppression and emergency medical services transport. Public relations displays and recruitment support.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace serves commercial and military customers in supporting gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector Aerospace’s 2,700 employees act with integrity in setting the standard of customer service.
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System