It’s been an exciting start to Day 1 of Heli-Expo 2015 in Orlando today and Garmin has sure been busy showcasing several new products, which are tailored to helicopter operators. With all of the new and exciting announcements made today, it’s hard to cover them all but here’s what you missed so far today:
Helicopter Integrated Flight Decks
Walking through Heli-Expo 2015 today, you’re sure to see a number of helicopters equipped with Garmin’s G500H glass flight display, as well as the G1000H and G5000H Integrated Flight Decks. These Garmin avionics put more information in front of the pilot, enhancing situational awareness and providing an unprecedented level of safety for these operators. While you’re walking the show, be sure to peek inside each and every helicopter to see just how incredible (and beautiful!) these avionics look!
Helicopter Synthetic Vision Technology (HSVT)
Speaking of beautiful displays, Garmin uses sophisticated graphics modeling as an optional upgrade to the G500H, G1000H and G5000H to enhance visual orientation. HSVT recreates a virtual topographic landscape utilizing the terrain database, offering helicopter pilots a visual representation of topography, water features, obstacles and more on the Primary Flight Display (PFD).
Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS)
Added safety is important for all pilots. Available on our GNS and GTN navigators, HTAWS continuously works in the background to monitor terrain and obstacles in the vicinity of your helicopter. If needed, these alerts display on the GNS, GTN, on the PFD of the G500H or remote annunciator. A pilot selectable configuration enables voice callouts while HTAWS offers 5-color terrain and obstacle shading on the appropriate display, enhancing overall situational awareness.
There’s a lot to see today at Heli-Expo 2015 and these are just a few highlights to check out! While you’re here, be sure to stop by and say ‘Hi!’ to Garmin in booth #809 and stay tuned for additional updates from the show tomorrow!
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point