Sikorsky’s newest commercial aircraft, the S-76D™ helicopter, arrived in Malaysia, beginning the Southeast Asia leg of its demonstration tour. The international demonstration began at the SkyPark Aviation Center in Subang, Malaysia, and this week, the aircraft will be on display at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA) ‘15 until March 21. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
Sikorsky announced the international leg of the demonstration tour earlier this month at the 2015 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo show in Orlando, Florida. The two-month long tour has several stops in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand, allowing Sikorsky customers to experience the S-76D helicopter’s smooth ride and quiet cabin, operate the state-of-the-art cockpit technology and utilize the aircraft’s features designed for safety, power and reliability.
Sikorsky pilots, crew and sales members will provide in-flight demonstrations, product presentations, aircraft walk-arounds and answer questions on the S-76D helicopter from attendees.
“Sikorsky is tremendously excited to bring the S-76D helicopter to Southeast Asia,” said Shawn Cornell, General Manager for Southeast Asia. “We are honored to have a long standing history in the aviation sector here in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand and are strategically focused on expanding our presence in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). The S-76D comes from a long standing lineage of proven and trusted helicopters. The expansion and need of rotary wing aircraft in the ASEAN region is growing and the S-76D aircraft is poised to fit roles in the offshore oil, VIP, search and rescue and emergency medical services missions.”
To date, Sikorsky employees have participated in two goodwill events with additional events planned at future stops. Sikorsky hosted local children from the Permata Organization to visit the demonstration aircraft at the SkyPark Aviation Center in Subang. The S-76D helicopter also landed on the hospital helipad of University Malaya Medial Centre in Kuala Lumpurto for pediatric patients and staff to visit.
Following the LIMA Exhibition, the aircraft will depart to Thailand to continue its demonstration tour for customers and media. Sikorsky representatives will also participate in community outreach events there.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 800 S-76 helicopters to customers globally since 1979, contributing daily to a growing 6.6-million-plus fleet flight hours total.
The new generation S-76D helicopter, through its application of modern technologies, is designed to provide a substantial increase in performance, power and value. The S-76D helicopter’s baseline equipment includes powerful and efficient Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210S engines; an advanced THALES TopDeck® integrated avionics system and four-axis autopilot; Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) incorporated into fleet monitoring and analysis; active vibration control; and all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades.
Sikorsky, based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries.
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program
- Associated Aircraft Group expands offerings in the Northeast
- First Sikorsky S76D arrives in Europe
- Nova Scotia EMS Tender Decision on Hold
- Canadian operator buys Sikorsky S-76D
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- AAG donates flights to Patient AirLift Services
- Coastal Helicopters to serve Burning Man 2016 festival