Kitchener Aero Avionics (KAAV) is pleased to announce that they have now been awarded EASA STC in addition to Transport Canada and FAA STC’s already in hand for their successful and popular “Glass-Cockpit” upgrade to the Eurocopter EC-120 helicopter.
The Garmin G500H Flight Display system with Helicopter Synthetic Vision (HSVT), an Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) and Air Data are the key components to this upgrade. Also STC’d in the EC-120 are the Garmin GDL-69/69A XM Weather DataLink, an Avidyne TAS-605 Traffic Awareness System, and a Honeywell KRA-405B Radar Altimeter system. All of these additional systems are controlled by and displayed on the G-500H.
The G-500H STC is available through all qualified Garmin Dealers worldwide. Applicable STCs are: Transport Canada STC SH12-61, FAA STC #SR03364NY and now EASA STC # 10052221. Also note that The STC is currently being revised to incorporate a Mid-Continent SAM Electronic Standby Instrument System with Integral Emergency Power Supply to replace the 2” Analog Standby Instrumentation.
An added note for those in the Electronic News Gathering and Aerial Law Enforcement markets, External Video from a Video Camera or FLIR System may also be displayed on the G-500H MFD.
In announcing this additional STC, Barry Aylward, President of KAAV stated “The G500H is an absolutely stunning addition to the EC-120 cockpit. We have completed three of these mods to date with a fourth underway. This redesign dramatically improves situational awareness and overall safety.”
“The addition of the EASA STC for the EC-120 and G500H is great plus for all our airframe certifications,” said Jim Alpiser, Garmin’s director of aviation aftermarket sales. “Increased safety and reliability offered by the G500H is attractive to EC 120 owners and operators all over the world – especially those in Europe who now have access to this.”
For additional information about KAAV or pricing of the STC options detailed above, visit them on the web at www.kitcheneraero.com. Or feel welcome to call Barry Aylward at 1-800-928-4669 (In Canada) or 519-648-2921.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills