Kitchener Aero Avionics (KAAV) is pleased to announce that they have now been awarded EASA STC in addition to Transport Canada and FAA STC’s already in hand for their successful and popular “Glass-Cockpit” upgrade to the Eurocopter EC-120 helicopter.
The Garmin G500H Flight Display system with Helicopter Synthetic Vision (HSVT), an Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) and Air Data are the key components to this upgrade. Also STC’d in the EC-120 are the Garmin GDL-69/69A XM Weather DataLink, an Avidyne TAS-605 Traffic Awareness System, and a Honeywell KRA-405B Radar Altimeter system. All of these additional systems are controlled by and displayed on the G-500H.
The G-500H STC is available through all qualified Garmin Dealers worldwide. Applicable STCs are: Transport Canada STC SH12-61, FAA STC #SR03364NY and now EASA STC # 10052221. Also note that The STC is currently being revised to incorporate a Mid-Continent SAM Electronic Standby Instrument System with Integral Emergency Power Supply to replace the 2” Analog Standby Instrumentation.
An added note for those in the Electronic News Gathering and Aerial Law Enforcement markets, External Video from a Video Camera or FLIR System may also be displayed on the G-500H MFD.
In announcing this additional STC, Barry Aylward, President of KAAV stated “The G500H is an absolutely stunning addition to the EC-120 cockpit. We have completed three of these mods to date with a fourth underway. This redesign dramatically improves situational awareness and overall safety.”
“The addition of the EASA STC for the EC-120 and G500H is great plus for all our airframe certifications,” said Jim Alpiser, Garmin’s director of aviation aftermarket sales. “Increased safety and reliability offered by the G500H is attractive to EC 120 owners and operators all over the world – especially those in Europe who now have access to this.”
For additional information about KAAV or pricing of the STC options detailed above, visit them on the web at www.kitcheneraero.com. Or feel welcome to call Barry Aylward at 1-800-928-4669 (In Canada) or 519-648-2921.
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Airbus to offer H135 to U.S. Navy
- Honeywell Introduces New Flight Data Monitoring App
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Coptersafety appoints Head of Development and Test Pilot
- NASA to Send Helicopter to Mars
- Sikorsky Begins Deliveries to the U.S. Marine Corps
- Reignwood Star to receive Rolls-Royce M250 and RR300 Support from StandardAero
- Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Appointed
- HeliOffshore 2018 Conference Proceedings
- Whirly-Girls Mid-Year Scholarship Cycle Enters Last Week
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Aeromedical Conference confirm speakers
- Bell 505 receives certification in China
- Bell Boeing JPO awarded $25M contract for V-22 Spares
- Helicentre 2019 Scholarship Programme Now Open
- HAI Matt Zuccaro testifies before Senate committee on UAS integration
- 2018 SMTA Scholarship Winners
- Coast Guard Cadets Redesign Helicopter Rescue Basket