Kitchener Aero Avionics (KAAV) is pleased to announce that they have now been awarded EASA STC in addition to Transport Canada and FAA STC’s already in hand for their successful and popular “Glass-Cockpit” upgrade to the Eurocopter EC-120 helicopter.
The Garmin G500H Flight Display system with Helicopter Synthetic Vision (HSVT), an Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) and Air Data are the key components to this upgrade. Also STC’d in the EC-120 are the Garmin GDL-69/69A XM Weather DataLink, an Avidyne TAS-605 Traffic Awareness System, and a Honeywell KRA-405B Radar Altimeter system. All of these additional systems are controlled by and displayed on the G-500H.
The G-500H STC is available through all qualified Garmin Dealers worldwide. Applicable STCs are: Transport Canada STC SH12-61, FAA STC #SR03364NY and now EASA STC # 10052221. Also note that The STC is currently being revised to incorporate a Mid-Continent SAM Electronic Standby Instrument System with Integral Emergency Power Supply to replace the 2” Analog Standby Instrumentation.
An added note for those in the Electronic News Gathering and Aerial Law Enforcement markets, External Video from a Video Camera or FLIR System may also be displayed on the G-500H MFD.
In announcing this additional STC, Barry Aylward, President of KAAV stated “The G500H is an absolutely stunning addition to the EC-120 cockpit. We have completed three of these mods to date with a fourth underway. This redesign dramatically improves situational awareness and overall safety.”
“The addition of the EASA STC for the EC-120 and G500H is great plus for all our airframe certifications,” said Jim Alpiser, Garmin’s director of aviation aftermarket sales. “Increased safety and reliability offered by the G500H is attractive to EC 120 owners and operators all over the world – especially those in Europe who now have access to this.”
For additional information about KAAV or pricing of the STC options detailed above, visit them on the web at www.kitcheneraero.com. Or feel welcome to call Barry Aylward at 1-800-928-4669 (In Canada) or 519-648-2921.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion