Kitchener Aero Avionics (KAAV) is pleased to announce that they have now been awarded EASA STC in addition to Transport Canada and FAA STC’s already in hand for their successful and popular “Glass-Cockpit” upgrade to the Eurocopter EC-120 helicopter.
The Garmin G500H Flight Display system with Helicopter Synthetic Vision (HSVT), an Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) and Air Data are the key components to this upgrade. Also STC’d in the EC-120 are the Garmin GDL-69/69A XM Weather DataLink, an Avidyne TAS-605 Traffic Awareness System, and a Honeywell KRA-405B Radar Altimeter system. All of these additional systems are controlled by and displayed on the G-500H.
The G-500H STC is available through all qualified Garmin Dealers worldwide. Applicable STCs are: Transport Canada STC SH12-61, FAA STC #SR03364NY and now EASA STC # 10052221. Also note that The STC is currently being revised to incorporate a Mid-Continent SAM Electronic Standby Instrument System with Integral Emergency Power Supply to replace the 2” Analog Standby Instrumentation.
An added note for those in the Electronic News Gathering and Aerial Law Enforcement markets, External Video from a Video Camera or FLIR System may also be displayed on the G-500H MFD.
In announcing this additional STC, Barry Aylward, President of KAAV stated “The G500H is an absolutely stunning addition to the EC-120 cockpit. We have completed three of these mods to date with a fourth underway. This redesign dramatically improves situational awareness and overall safety.”
“The addition of the EASA STC for the EC-120 and G500H is great plus for all our airframe certifications,” said Jim Alpiser, Garmin’s director of aviation aftermarket sales. “Increased safety and reliability offered by the G500H is attractive to EC 120 owners and operators all over the world – especially those in Europe who now have access to this.”
For additional information about KAAV or pricing of the STC options detailed above, visit them on the web at www.kitcheneraero.com. Or feel welcome to call Barry Aylward at 1-800-928-4669 (In Canada) or 519-648-2921.
- LifeFlight Expands to York County
- NSW Ambulance Paramedic Voices Concerns
- RotorSchmiede VA115 becomes first ultralight helicopter approved in Germany
- Belarusian army to get second batch of Russian Helicopters in April
- SKYe SH09 order-book hits 101 units
- Sundance Helicopters To Offer Superhero Special
- Southern North Sea support heliport being marketed for sale
- HeliOffshore launches training videos to enhance use of automation
- US Marines demonstrate longer range UH-1Ys and AH-1Zs with auxiliary fuel tanks
- Erickson reorganisation plan passed by Bankruptcy Court
- China’s expanding DEA General Aviation debuts at LIMA 17
- Helisota shares Business Process Optimization Secrets
- Pawan Hans and State of Arunachal Pradesh to Pay Compensation
- AOC for Genesis Global Aviation
- Bolloré Logistics Showcases its Helicopter Expertise at the Heli-Expo 2017
- Bristow Forms New SAR Consortium for the Gulf of Mexico
- Malaysian Navy and Airbus celebrate excellence in fleet availability
- Indonesia remains a key contributor to Airbus Helicopters’ global supply chain
- EHang Partners with Dubai RTA to Boost Smart Transport
- Leonardo attends Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace in Malaysia