Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce that it has been selected to perform a 7,500 hour major inspection (G check) and 12-year inspection on one of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s three AS332L1 Super Puma helicopters. This inspection will also include post maintenance return to service activities and a 10-year calendar fuel hose replacement.
Vector Aerospace is globally recognized as an AS332C, L & L1 MRO provider certified by Airbus Helicopters to perform all inspections up to and including G check, avionics and structural MRO including full-wiring repairs and extensive primary and secondary composite repairs. Vector Aerospace also offers a variety of custom Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) for the Super Puma, as well as a pay by the hour lease program suitable for operators who have immediate operational requirements that can be fulfilled by leasing an AS332L.
“With extensive experience in performing inspections and maintenance on Super Puma helicopters, I am confident that the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will be pleased with our quality standards and top-notch customer support delivered throughout this contract,” said Chris McDowell, Vice President, Sales and Marketing at HS-NA.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky. Its capabilities include major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, full-service avionics capability including aircraft rewiring, as well as mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
About the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department:
The Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department is the largest sheriff’s department in the world. It is divided into the four main operations of Custody Operations, Patrol Operations, Countywide Services, and Administrative & Professional Standards. Within the four operations, there are thirteen additional subgroups, called divisions, each headed by a Division Chief. From within these divisions are bureaus and specialized units which provide specific services to the county, the county residents, other county, state and federal agencies.
Their Core Values are: “Courage, Compassion, Professionalism, Accountability, and Respect. With integrity, compassion, and courage, we serve our communities– protecting life and property, being diligent and professional in our acts and deeds, holding ourselves and each other accountable for our actions at all times, while respecting the dignity and rights of all. Earning the Public Trust Every Day!”For more information about the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, visit their website at www.lasd.org
About Vector Aerospace:
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation MRO services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa and Kenya, Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector Aerospace’s customer-focused team includes over 2,700 motivated employees.More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System