Deep in the heart of Tennessee, surrounded by the majestic Smoky Mountains, is the birth place of Wings Air Rescue air medical transport services. For the past 20 years and more than 23,000 safe transports, the citizens of the surrounding communities have counted on Wings Air Rescue to bring state of the art medicine to them in their hour of need.
Wings Air Rescue opened its doors in Johnson City,Tennessee on March 30th 1995, utilizing a Bell L3 Long Ranger . Today, the program flies Bell407’s with bases in Greeneville and Elizabetht on TN, Jenkins KY and Marion VA.
Fred Buttrell, President & Chief Executive Officer of Med Trans stated,“We congratulate our Wings Air Rescue flight programs on a significant and impressive milestone,celebrating 20 years of continued success and service in their communities. We could not be more proud as Wings Air Rescue is the epitome of an air medical flight program, leading the way and making a difference in the lives of so many.“
Wing Air Rescue staffs its helicopters with the very best pilots in the industry.The pilots must have a minimum of 2000 hours off light time and undergo rigorous quarterly training that includes NVG, VFR, AVFR, NightVFR and mountain flying. Every flight is staffed with a Paramedic and Registered Nurse with advanced certification and years of experience.The Wings Air Rescue family consists of 5 mechanics, 16 pilots, 21 paramedics and 22 registered nurses.
Wings Air Rescue has established tremendous relationships and support with many EMS, Fire and Law Enforcement agencies as well as hospitals in the irrespective service areas.The flight teams are committed to providing continuing education, training and outreach in the communities they serve .
Wings Air Rescue provides 24/7 emergency services 365 days ayear.The teams transport patients from either scene or smaller hospitals to tertiary care facilities; trauma,medical, and pediatrics being just a few examples.
The Wings programs will continue to offer compassionate and professional air medical services that they are recognized for,well into the future.They are a part of the communities they serve,passionate for what they do, experienced and very proud. Happy 20th Anniversary Wings Air Rescue!
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s