Dare County MedFlight, the air medical transport service for much of the Outer Banks region of North Carolina, has taken delivery of a new Airbus Helicopters H145 (formerly EC145 T2), which will be the first H145 operating in the U.S.
Dare County plans to place the new aircraft into service in July, following installation of the air medical transport interior by Metro Aviation. The H145 will replace a BK117, an earlier version of the H145/EC145 family of helicopters.
Dare County selected the H145 for its missions after an extensive review of available helicopters. Among the key factors that led Dare County to choose the H145 were its safety features, reduced maintenance and increased payload. “The H145 allows us to operate in a state-of-the-art aircraft with cutting edge safety features, such as the Helionix system and FADEC engines,” said Chad Jones, Director of Operations and chief pilot for Dare County. “We could not be happier with our choice of this aircraft.”
The H145’s new dual FADEC engines, combined with an upgraded main gear box, provide an unprecedented level of one-engine inoperative (OEI) performance, along with improved hover performance, both extremely important safety factors for emergency medical services operations.
Advanced and expansive mission capability and flexibility are provided by the H145 Helionix avionics system, which reduces pilot workload and enhances situational awareness for unprecedented flight safety levels. Meeting the latest international avionics standards, the Helionix suite incorporates a highly innovative alert and self-monitoring system. The large, unobstructed H145 cabin will enable MedFlight to expand its capabilities by providing services for disaster relief and rescue missions.
Based at Dare County Regional Airport in Manteo, MedFlight serves all 1,563 square miles of the county, which has a lengthy Atlantic coastline and attracts large numbers of tourists. MedFlight has a dedicated staff of five pilots, two mechanics and 11 flight paramedics.
Dare County MedFlight is recognized as an innovative pioneer in providing air medical transport services and represents the vision and commitment of the Dare County Board of Commissioners in providing emergency aid and transportation for residents and visitors. For more than 25 years, Dare County has been one of the few county-owned aeromedical operations in the entire nation.
More information on the H145 is available on the web at: www.airbushelicopters.com/EC145T2
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded