Vector Aerospace UK a leading provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, can announce that one of its apprentices has been presented with a prestigious Silver Star at the EEF Future Manufacturing Awards.
James Clement, aged 23, who lives in Havant, was among just three other contestants to achieve this recognition. James secured his place in the final after winning the South East Regional award in February.
The EEF Future Manufacturing Awards are the most established and respected regional and national recognitions of manufacturing success. The Awards are open to all UK manufacturers, businesses operating within the supply chain and apprentices.
Held last week at the Connaught Rooms, the EEF London Evening Gala brought together over a thousand of Britain’s top industrialists to celebrate the very best in British manufacturing and reward major contributions to the sector.
James is engaged in a three year apprenticeship at Vector Aerospace’s Fleetlands site at Gosport. He completed the scheme in 2014 working in Engine Services. Vector supports a broad portfolio of military and civil engines from such leading manufacturers as Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce. The company has a long established apprenticeship scheme and will be taking on at least six new apprentices this year.
Commenting on his success, James said, “This acknowledgement is a real highpoint after winning the regional award earlier this year. I just hope that my success encourages other local young people to think seriously about becoming an apprentice.”
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30