Chicago’s premier helicopter tour and transportation company, Chicago Helicopter Experience (CHE), makes history with the opening of the C.H.E. Chicago Heliport. The first ever private heliport in Chicago features the city’s newest tourism experience, providing VIP-level helicopter tours at an unmatched price point.
The current, purpose-built facility, which will be used primarily for tours, maintains an ideal downtown location in the heart of city, close to multiple forms of public transportation. CHE is the only tour operator in Chicago to operate a fleet of the renowned quiet and eco-friendly Airbus EC 130’s — providing passengers with an unparalleled, epic flight experience.
“We’ve created an experience unlike any other, giving guests the chance to see our amazing city from an entirely new perspective,” said CHE Founder and CEO, Trevor Heffernan. “For the first time in Chicago history, helicopters will be accessible in downtown Chicago for both tours and transportation.”
The journey to launching the city’s first and only private heliport has certainly been a pioneering experience for young entrepreneur, Trevor Heffernan. In 2011, Heffernan established CHE for tours, airport shuttles, and charters with operations at Chicago Executive Airport where they flew more than ten thousand passengers. With his sights set on a location in Chicago, Heffernan worked tirelessly for four years to gain approval for a downtown heliport and fill a void in the Chicago market, making Chicago an overnight pioneer in the aviation industry.
“Chicago Helicopter Experience has transformed the way tourists can view the city and they way residents and visitors can commute to and from Chicago every day,” said Heffernan. “In the near future, we will add airport shuttle services, charters, and destination flights to CHE’s breadth of helicopter services.”
The C.H.E. Chicago Heliport will be an excellent addition to Chicago’s thriving tourism industry. The tours have already played a part in helping to reach the city’s goal of bringing in 55 million annual visitors to Chicago by 2020.
About Chicago Helicopter Experience (CHE)
Chicago Helicopter Experience is a local Chicago based helicopter company that provides helicopter tours and transportation. CHE provides a one-of-a-kind experience with unforgettable views of Chicago’s skyline, highlighting the city’s iconic landmarks and rich history. Tours depart during the day, twilight, and evening hours. Our helicopters are equipped with spacious leather seats, floor to ceiling bubble windows, climate controlled cabins, and noise cancelling headsets. All flights take off from the C.H.E. Chicago Heliport located at 2420 S. Halsted, which is easily accessible by car, bus, “L”, or CHE shuttle bus. For tour information and booking, please visit us at www.chetours.com.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service