Chicago’s premier helicopter tour and transportation company, Chicago Helicopter Experience (CHE), makes history with the opening of the C.H.E. Chicago Heliport. The first ever private heliport in Chicago features the city’s newest tourism experience, providing VIP-level helicopter tours at an unmatched price point.
The current, purpose-built facility, which will be used primarily for tours, maintains an ideal downtown location in the heart of city, close to multiple forms of public transportation. CHE is the only tour operator in Chicago to operate a fleet of the renowned quiet and eco-friendly Airbus EC 130’s — providing passengers with an unparalleled, epic flight experience.
“We’ve created an experience unlike any other, giving guests the chance to see our amazing city from an entirely new perspective,” said CHE Founder and CEO, Trevor Heffernan. “For the first time in Chicago history, helicopters will be accessible in downtown Chicago for both tours and transportation.”
The journey to launching the city’s first and only private heliport has certainly been a pioneering experience for young entrepreneur, Trevor Heffernan. In 2011, Heffernan established CHE for tours, airport shuttles, and charters with operations at Chicago Executive Airport where they flew more than ten thousand passengers. With his sights set on a location in Chicago, Heffernan worked tirelessly for four years to gain approval for a downtown heliport and fill a void in the Chicago market, making Chicago an overnight pioneer in the aviation industry.
“Chicago Helicopter Experience has transformed the way tourists can view the city and they way residents and visitors can commute to and from Chicago every day,” said Heffernan. “In the near future, we will add airport shuttle services, charters, and destination flights to CHE’s breadth of helicopter services.”
The C.H.E. Chicago Heliport will be an excellent addition to Chicago’s thriving tourism industry. The tours have already played a part in helping to reach the city’s goal of bringing in 55 million annual visitors to Chicago by 2020.
About Chicago Helicopter Experience (CHE)
Chicago Helicopter Experience is a local Chicago based helicopter company that provides helicopter tours and transportation. CHE provides a one-of-a-kind experience with unforgettable views of Chicago’s skyline, highlighting the city’s iconic landmarks and rich history. Tours depart during the day, twilight, and evening hours. Our helicopters are equipped with spacious leather seats, floor to ceiling bubble windows, climate controlled cabins, and noise cancelling headsets. All flights take off from the C.H.E. Chicago Heliport located at 2420 S. Halsted, which is easily accessible by car, bus, “L”, or CHE shuttle bus. For tour information and booking, please visit us at www.chetours.com.
- Life Link III passes 15000 hours on AW119Kx fleet
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- PHi extends previously-announced cash tender offer
- Airmedic signs purchase agreement
- Metro sparks new era of helicopter safety at AMTC 2018
- HeliOps take ownership of the SeaKing Simulator
- CHC Opens New Search and Rescue Facility in Dublin
- Kopter appoints Air Medical Sales Specialist for North American market
- Business Aviation Survey: Hiring Demand On the Rise
- Airbus at AMTC 2018
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Leonardo at AMTC 2018
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone