Vertiport Chicago (Vertiport), a private, full-service landing facility and fixed base operator (FBO) for helicopters, has elected to distribute Phillips 66® Aviation fuel at its new heliport establishment that opened its doors on April 30. Vertiport is the only heliport located in downtown Chicago that will provide the safest and most secure helicopter transport in the country, fulfilling the city’s distinct need for business, government and private aviation travel.
Located in the Illinois Medical District, Vertiport sits on a 10-acre site with amenities including a 30,000 square foot hangar, a single take-off and landing spot, parking spots for eight vertical take-off and landing aircraft, modern kitchen and future maintenance shop, an executive charter entrance, VIP lounge and conference room and close to 1,000-square feet of office space available for lease.
“We have a very good relationship with Phillips 66 branded FBO DuPage Airport in West Chicago,” said Leah Lenardic, vice president, business development, Vertiport. “Their facility has a long-standing relationship with Phillips 66 Aviation, and we expect the same great service and offerings as we also develop our relationship with Phillips 66.”
In addition to offering charter services and sightseeing tours, Vertiport will facilitate all of the EMS flights for major Chicago-area hospitals. EMS helicopters will be able to land without incurring ramping fees.
It’s estimated that within the next five years, as many as 18,000 flights a year will land at Vertiport.
For more information about Vertiport Chicago, the city’s only downtown heliport, visit www.vertiportchicago.com.
Phillips 66 Aviation is the nation’s largest network of branded aviation dealers. Visit www.phillips66aviation.com for more information.
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF