Vertiport Chicago (Vertiport), a private, full-service landing facility and fixed base operator (FBO) for helicopters, has elected to distribute Phillips 66® Aviation fuel at its new heliport establishment that opened its doors on April 30. Vertiport is the only heliport located in downtown Chicago that will provide the safest and most secure helicopter transport in the country, fulfilling the city’s distinct need for business, government and private aviation travel.
Located in the Illinois Medical District, Vertiport sits on a 10-acre site with amenities including a 30,000 square foot hangar, a single take-off and landing spot, parking spots for eight vertical take-off and landing aircraft, modern kitchen and future maintenance shop, an executive charter entrance, VIP lounge and conference room and close to 1,000-square feet of office space available for lease.
“We have a very good relationship with Phillips 66 branded FBO DuPage Airport in West Chicago,” said Leah Lenardic, vice president, business development, Vertiport. “Their facility has a long-standing relationship with Phillips 66 Aviation, and we expect the same great service and offerings as we also develop our relationship with Phillips 66.”
In addition to offering charter services and sightseeing tours, Vertiport will facilitate all of the EMS flights for major Chicago-area hospitals. EMS helicopters will be able to land without incurring ramping fees.
It’s estimated that within the next five years, as many as 18,000 flights a year will land at Vertiport.
For more information about Vertiport Chicago, the city’s only downtown heliport, visit www.vertiportchicago.com.
Phillips 66 Aviation is the nation’s largest network of branded aviation dealers. Visit www.phillips66aviation.com for more information.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved