Vertiport Chicago (Vertiport), a private, full-service landing facility and fixed base operator (FBO) for helicopters, has elected to distribute Phillips 66® Aviation fuel at its new heliport establishment that opened its doors on April 30. Vertiport is the only heliport located in downtown Chicago that will provide the safest and most secure helicopter transport in the country, fulfilling the city’s distinct need for business, government and private aviation travel.
Located in the Illinois Medical District, Vertiport sits on a 10-acre site with amenities including a 30,000 square foot hangar, a single take-off and landing spot, parking spots for eight vertical take-off and landing aircraft, modern kitchen and future maintenance shop, an executive charter entrance, VIP lounge and conference room and close to 1,000-square feet of office space available for lease.
“We have a very good relationship with Phillips 66 branded FBO DuPage Airport in West Chicago,” said Leah Lenardic, vice president, business development, Vertiport. “Their facility has a long-standing relationship with Phillips 66 Aviation, and we expect the same great service and offerings as we also develop our relationship with Phillips 66.”
In addition to offering charter services and sightseeing tours, Vertiport will facilitate all of the EMS flights for major Chicago-area hospitals. EMS helicopters will be able to land without incurring ramping fees.
It’s estimated that within the next five years, as many as 18,000 flights a year will land at Vertiport.
For more information about Vertiport Chicago, the city’s only downtown heliport, visit www.vertiportchicago.com.
Phillips 66 Aviation is the nation’s largest network of branded aviation dealers. Visit www.phillips66aviation.com for more information.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023