Vertiport Chicago (Vertiport), a private, full-service landing facility and fixed base operator (FBO) for helicopters, has elected to distribute Phillips 66® Aviation fuel at its new heliport establishment that opened its doors on April 30. Vertiport is the only heliport located in downtown Chicago that will provide the safest and most secure helicopter transport in the country, fulfilling the city’s distinct need for business, government and private aviation travel.
Located in the Illinois Medical District, Vertiport sits on a 10-acre site with amenities including a 30,000 square foot hangar, a single take-off and landing spot, parking spots for eight vertical take-off and landing aircraft, modern kitchen and future maintenance shop, an executive charter entrance, VIP lounge and conference room and close to 1,000-square feet of office space available for lease.
“We have a very good relationship with Phillips 66 branded FBO DuPage Airport in West Chicago,” said Leah Lenardic, vice president, business development, Vertiport. “Their facility has a long-standing relationship with Phillips 66 Aviation, and we expect the same great service and offerings as we also develop our relationship with Phillips 66.”
In addition to offering charter services and sightseeing tours, Vertiport will facilitate all of the EMS flights for major Chicago-area hospitals. EMS helicopters will be able to land without incurring ramping fees.
It’s estimated that within the next five years, as many as 18,000 flights a year will land at Vertiport.
For more information about Vertiport Chicago, the city’s only downtown heliport, visit www.vertiportchicago.com.
Phillips 66 Aviation is the nation’s largest network of branded aviation dealers. Visit www.phillips66aviation.com for more information.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries