Airbus Helicopters and Niagara Helicopter celebrate their new partnership in the presence of local dignitaries, management and employees from both companies. The partnership between the two local Niagara companies was solidified with the delivery of 4 new H130 aircraft to Niagara Helicopters, who provide flight seeing tours over the Niagara Falls to customers from all over the world.
“It is a privilege to be working with Niagara Helicopters, who has established a world-renowned reputation in the flight seeing industry,” says Mr. Romain Trapp, President and CEO of Airbus Helicopters Canada. “The selection and introduction of the H130 by Niagara Helicopters is a tremendous commitment to Airbus and we are very proud of this new partnership.”
It is the quietest helicopter on the market: Its Fenestron tail rotor and automatic variable rotor speed control result in a significantly reduced external sound level which has set the standards for tour operations worldwide. The H130 is a light single-engine helicopter with all of the latest aircraft technology. It has a roomy modular cabin that can accommodate one pilot plus up to 7 passengers.
“We are confident the inclusion of the H130 aircraft will further our goals for providing an enhanced, safer overall customer experience while significantly reducing the noise imprint for the community and visitors to Niagara Falls” said Ms. Anna Pierce, Vice President and General Manager of Niagara Helicopters. “Outstanding visibility, low noise signature and the additional safety of the Fenestron Tail rotor are a winning combination for our operation.”
All H130 systems are newly improved and very easy to maintain. Its formidable visibility, quietness, comfort, performance and safety has made this versatile helicopter a key member of the Airbus Helicopters’ Ecureuil family, an ideal platform for a premier heli-tourism operator.
Niagara Helicopters will be using the new H130 aircraft for sightseeing operations, charter flights, aerial surveillance, film and photography, external loads and other specialty flying in and around the Niagara Region.
About Niagara Helicopters
For over 50 years, Niagara Helicopters Limited has been in business in Niagara Falls Ontario. The corporation has undergone many changes, but one thing that has remained the same, the global attraction of thrilling visitors from around the world. Today, Niagara Helicopters is almost exclusively a sightseeing operation, augmented by charter flights, serial surveillance, film and photography, external loads and other specialty flying. In its busiest months the company employs approximately 40 employees, including 10 full and part-time pilots and 2 AME’s. Last year the company flew over 100,000 passengers from all corners of the globe, on a 9 minute, 27 kilometre flight seeing tour over the wonderment called Niagara Falls.
About Airbus Helicopters Canada (www.airbushelicopters.ca)
Airbus Helicopters Canada is a subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters and a leading supplier of helicopters in Canada. Our helicopters are used across the country in key parapublic and civil roles which include: law enforcement, emergency medical services, oil & gas, mining, firefighting, hydroelectric utilities, environmental surveys, tour and corporate transport. Airbus Helicopters was established in Fort Erie, Ontario in 1984 and has additional operations in Richmond, British Columbia and Montreal, Quebec as well as a support and customer service network in place to support a fleet of over 690 helicopters in the country. The company recently celebrated over 30 years of success in Canada.
About Airbus Helicopters (www.airbushelicopters.com)
Airbus Helicopters is a division of Airbus Group. The company provides the most efficient civil and military helicopter solutions to its customers who serve, protect, save lives and safely carry passengers in highly demanding environments. Flying more than 3 million flight hours per year, the company’s in-service fleet includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in 152 countries. Airbus Helicopters employs more than 23,000 people worldwide and in 2014 generated revenues of 6.5 billion Euros. In line with the company’s new identity, fully integrated into Airbus Group, Airbus Helicopters has renamed its product range replacing the former “EC” designation with an “H”.
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric