Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announces that they have received FAA Validation of their Transport Canada STC SH14-50 (FAA SR03524NY) for installation of the Mid-Continent MD302 Standby Attitude Module. This complements the G500H PFD/MFD, or any EFIS package in a light helicopter, replacing analog instruments. This STC is applicable to light Airbus (Eurocopter) Helicopters, including AS350, AS355, EC120, EC130 series, and more.
The MD302 Standby Attitude Module provides critical flight and situational data to the pilot. The design is built around a solid-state electronic sensor array for high reliability and contains an integral and rechargeable Nanophosphate® lithium-ion battery that can power the unit for up to two hours if main aircraft power is lost. The dual, high resolution LCD display uses smooth graphics, daylight-readable brightness and a configurable lighting response curve to ensure optimal visibility in all conditions.
SAM is designed for simple and intuitive operation. The central Control Knob can be located at the bottom-centre, middle-left or middle-right of the unit bezel depending on the installation orientation. This is the only user interface device on the unit. The MD302 is installed to receive ARINC data from the Primary Flight Display (PFD), the BARO value will automatically synchronize. Manually changing the MD302 barometric setting will override the external source.
About Maxcraft Avionics Ltd.
Maxcraft specializes in avionics design, installation, and maintenance. Its design services group is among the most professional in Canada, and holds an extensive catalogue of exclusive STCs. Maxcraft’s client base includes operators for all types of aircraft including private, commercial, business, charter, corporate, airline, police, military and air ambulance. As an AMO its state-of-the-art shop facilities provide full service support to the private and commercial fixed wing market as well as the helicopter sector. Maxcraft Avionics can be found on the web at www.maxcraft.ca or may be reached at 604-465-3080.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion