Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announces that they have received FAA Validation of their Transport Canada STC SH14-50 (FAA SR03524NY) for installation of the Mid-Continent MD302 Standby Attitude Module. This complements the G500H PFD/MFD, or any EFIS package in a light helicopter, replacing analog instruments. This STC is applicable to light Airbus (Eurocopter) Helicopters, including AS350, AS355, EC120, EC130 series, and more.
The MD302 Standby Attitude Module provides critical flight and situational data to the pilot. The design is built around a solid-state electronic sensor array for high reliability and contains an integral and rechargeable Nanophosphate® lithium-ion battery that can power the unit for up to two hours if main aircraft power is lost. The dual, high resolution LCD display uses smooth graphics, daylight-readable brightness and a configurable lighting response curve to ensure optimal visibility in all conditions.
SAM is designed for simple and intuitive operation. The central Control Knob can be located at the bottom-centre, middle-left or middle-right of the unit bezel depending on the installation orientation. This is the only user interface device on the unit. The MD302 is installed to receive ARINC data from the Primary Flight Display (PFD), the BARO value will automatically synchronize. Manually changing the MD302 barometric setting will override the external source.
About Maxcraft Avionics Ltd.
Maxcraft specializes in avionics design, installation, and maintenance. Its design services group is among the most professional in Canada, and holds an extensive catalogue of exclusive STCs. Maxcraft’s client base includes operators for all types of aircraft including private, commercial, business, charter, corporate, airline, police, military and air ambulance. As an AMO its state-of-the-art shop facilities provide full service support to the private and commercial fixed wing market as well as the helicopter sector. Maxcraft Avionics can be found on the web at www.maxcraft.ca or may be reached at 604-465-3080.
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017