Airbus Helicopters Inc. is pleased to announce the delivery of a second H145 helicopter to the Suffolk County Police Department (Long Island, N.Y.). The new H145 (previously EC145) has joined the department’s existing fleet of one H145 and two AS350B2s, and will replace an older AS350B2 AStar.
The Suffolk County H145s primarily conduct medical evacuation missions across Long Island. They are also equipped to perform law enforcement missions with a thermal imager, searchlight and moving map system. The AS350B2s primarily conduct calls for law enforcement services and are back-up aircraft for air medical transport missions. The Suffolk County Police Department’s Aviation Section performs a wide variety of missions including law enforcement, medical evacuation, inter-hospital transport and search and rescue.
“We are excited to have our second H145 in-service for our air medical and law enforcement missions to support the citizens of Suffolk County,” said Sgt. Brian Barrett, commanding officer of SCPD’s Aviation Section. “The second H145 gives us the flexibility to have an H145 and an AS350B2 operating at each of our two bases on Long Island. Airbus Helicopters Inc. continues to provide excellent support, and we look forward to continuing our long partnership with them.”
“The decision to deploy an additional H145 by Suffolk County PD demonstrates the multi-mission capabilities of the Airbus Helicopters light twin-engine helicopter family,” said Ed Van Winkle, Sales Manager for Airborne Law Enforcement for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “Numerous law enforcement agencies rely on Airbus Helicopters H145 and H135 twins to perform a wide variety of complex missions.
Having an H145 and an AS350B2 AStar at each base gives Suffolk County PD unparalleled flexibility in providing the right tool for the job.”
The combination of performance and speed, high-set main and tail rotors, and clamshell rear doors make the H145 a top choice for many law enforcement and air medical service operators in the United States. Powered by two Turbomeca ARRIEL 1D1 engines, the H145 offers low maintenance requirements, which increase aircraft availability while keeping operating costs low.
Airbus Helicopters Inc., the U.S. law enforcement helicopter market leader, will exhibit at the Airborne Law Enforcement Association ALEA Expo 2015, Booth 739, in Houston, July 15-17.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded