MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces its participation in the 2015 Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA)Expo, July 15-17, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. The MD Helicopters booth, #721, will feature one of eight (8) MD 500Es in active service with the Houston Police Department, along with industry-leading systems and components designed to improve Police Air Unit effectiveness in the execution of a range of law enforcement missions.
“MD Helicopters is honored to support the organizations, men and women of Airborne Law Enforcement units around the world,” said Craig Kitchen, Chief Commercial Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “Air Units play an integral role in almost every law enforcement mission scenario. The proven performance and reliability of our aircraft, especially when enhanced with the industry’s leading component, communications and systems providers, creates an airborne law enforcement solution that is unmatched for efficiency, value and ease of operation.”
In addition to showcasing one of the eight (8) MD 500Es in service with the Houston Police De partment,
ALEA’s host city aviation unit, the MD Helicopters booth will feature displays from a number of industry
leading component and systems partners including:
1) The Scorpion® Helmet Mounted Cueing System from Thales
2) The TRAKKA Beam A800 Tactical Searchlight
3) Churchill Navigation’s Augmented Reality System (ARS) – delivering on-screen control of external mission equipment and on-board dual channel HD recording, increasing crew effectiveness by overlaying street and address data on top of real time sensor video, so the operator can stay focused on the target.
4) The FLIR Star SAFIRE 260-HLD – a lightweight, Single-LRU stabilized nine inch turret featuring up to six imaging and laser payloads, including diode pumped laser designation for precision targeting.
“We are excited to welcome so many of our industry-leading partners to our booth this year,” Kitchen concludes. “Workingwith industry icons like Thales, TRAKKA, Churchill and FLIR among many others allows us to deliver unmatched performance, value and operational flexibility in a customer-defined solution. Everyone wins.”
For more than 40 years, law enforcement agencies worldwide have recognized MD Helicopters’products for their ability to serve a wide variety of mission profiles. The company’s class-leading helicopters offer responsive agility, versatility, unparalleled safety and economic value. Operators worldwide turn to MD Helicopters forhigh-performance rotorcraft backed by a passion for service and support.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military,law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer,and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR® system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability. For more information about
MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- AHS Announces 2018 Group Award Winners
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders