Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland announced today it has signed a contract for the sale of ten AW189 commercial helicopters to RN-Aircraft, a subsidiary of the oil company Rosneft. The contract foresees that the new helicopters will be used for transportation purposes.
Delivery of the aircraft is expected between 2015 and 2017. Moreover, as already set out in the framework agreement signed in December 2014 and with the involvement of Russian Helicopters, a subsidiary of Rostec corporation, Rosneft plans to order further helicopters by 2025, for a total of up to 160 units.
The parties also reached an agreement for the progressive restructuring of HeliVert, a 50-50 Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland and Russian Helicopters joint venture, which foresees the future participation of Rosneft, worth 30% of the shares. Subsequently, shares in HeliVert will be redistributed as follows: 40% to Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland, 30% to Russian Helicopters, 30% to Rosneft.
With Rosneft joining HeliVert, Finmeccanica will strengthen its industrial collaboration with its Russian partners and its commercial presence, by introducing a new product into the Russian market, which has already proven extremely successful globally.
With more than 150 helicopters already sold to customers worldwide, including orders, framework contracts and options, the 8.3/8.6 tonne AW189 is the most successful commercial helicopter in the ‘super medium’ category and is able to carry up to 19 passengers. Developed to respond the growing market demand for a modern multi role helicopter with large capacity and long range capability, the AW189 meets the latest and most stringent certification and safety standards. The cockpit design, incorporating the latest in advanced situational awareness technologies, reduces crew workload and enhances safety. The AW189 meets the very latest international regulatory safety requirements (EASA / FAA Part 29, JAR OPS 3 / EU-OPS). The AW189 is unique in having a 50 minute ‘run-dry’ capable main gear box, exceeding current certification standards and offering unmatched safety and reliability for long range operations. The AW189 is part of the AgustaWestland Family of new generation helicopters that includes the AW169 and AW139 models, which possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features as well as sharing a common cockpit layout, design philosophy and maintenance concept. This commonality will allow more effective operations for customers operating helicopter fleets across the 4 to 9tonne weight categories.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service