NHV Group has logged the first 1,000 flight hours with the H175, proving this super-medium-sized rotorcraft’s capabilities and reliability in highly demanding operations, especially the transportation of crews and supplies to off-shore oil and gas platforms – the primary mission for which it was designed.
The 1,000 hours have been accumulated by NHV’s initial two H175s as the launch operator, which introduced these helicopters in service last December. The rotorcraft have since completed more than 750 flights and carried approximately 11.000 passengers; with certain missions conducted in challenging North Sea weather conditions, and non-stop flights performed to distances of 175 NM with passengers and cargo.
High reliability with the H175 is enabling NHV to meet tight flight scheduling in the North Sea, thereby underscoring the aircraft’s high level of maturity from service entry, as well as the suitability of associated services provided by Airbus Helicopters. The first two scheduled 400-hour maintenance checks validated the ease of maintenance.
“The H175 is setting new standards in the super-medium rotorcraft category, with excellent marks received from NHV pilots and maintenance teams, along with the passengers being flown,” said Airbus Helicopters President Guillaume Faury. “Achieving this milestone with NHV highlights Airbus Helicopters’ strong commitment to customer satisfaction and providing effective support to ensure a high availability of our helicopters”.
NHV’s initial H175s are flying from Den Helder in northern Holland. NHV Group ultimately will increase its fleet to 16 of these new-generation helicopters. As part of Airbus Helicopters’ commitment to a smooth H175 introduction, it has assigned technical crews to Den Helder, which are backed by the company’s full resources in support and services, as well as established training capabilities.
“We are very pleased with the H175s,” added Eric Van Hal, the CEO of NHV Group. “Our pilots appreciate their excellent handling characteristics, plus the speed and range; while passengers are impressed with the cabin comfort, smooth ride and low noise levels.”
The H175s joined NHV’s rotorcraft fleet that also includes Airbus Helicopters-built AS365N3 Dauphins, H225s, AS332 L2 Super Pumas, H155s and EC145s.
Airbus Helicopters developed the H175 to meet evolving mission needs in the oil and gas industry, offering outstanding performance and unmatched cost efficiency – with the capability of carrying a full payload to 90 percent of the North Sea’s offshore installations. It also is well tailored for search and rescue in support of such off-shore operations, emergency medical services, public services, VIP and executive transport.
About NHV Group (www.nhv.be)
The NHV group, based in Ostend Belgium, is specialized in B-to-B helicopter services and has a strong geographic presence in Europe and Western Africa. The group conducts operations out of 26 bases with a team of over 600 employees. NHV’s main focus is on the oil and gas industry. The group has a leading position in Europe as the only helicopter operator that conducts operations in every oil producing country in the region. The scope of work also includes: Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS), Maritime Services, which include Search and Rescue (SAR), offshore Wind Farms and Harbor Pilot Services. Vertech Offshore and Airlift are two specialized companies within the NHV group who are leaders in their niche of flare tip replacement and power grid construction and maintenance. Aside from the helicopter operations, NHV is an approved training organization (ATO) and an official service center for our partner Airbus Helicopters. The group has a multipurpose high value fleet of 60 helicopters with an average age of 6,5 years.
- Composite Helicopters Awarded Patent for Monocoque Helicopter Fuselage With Integral Tail Boom
- Airbus presents latest innovations at the 2018 ILA Berlin Air Show
- Donaldson IBFs approved for installation on H125
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Helisota and ASA signs cooperation agreement
- Waypoint Leases H135s to ALT
- New Executive Vice President of PRISM appointed
- HELP to fund new DIFFS at Manchester University Hospitals
- StandardAero Celebrates First Anniversary as GE T700 Authorized MRO Provider
- Japan Coast Guard orders one more H225
- Air Alderney prepares for EC155 scheduled services
- First Bell 505 delivered to Mexico
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters