The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund has announced an additional five scholarships to be awarded to women in the helicopter aviation industry. The additional scholarships available are due to the commitment of the Bristow Group to support advancing the careers of the international organization’s members. According to Colleen Chen, Whirly-Girl Vice President of Scholarships, the number of scholarships available for 2016 are at a record setting of 24.
The Whirly-Girls organization is an international organization of over 1800 female helicopter pilots in 45 countries. Bristow Group recognizes the importance women contribute to aviation and thus has partnered with Whirly-Girls International to assist women aviators in their career development. Bristow Group is offering five scholarships to Whirly-Girls to assist in the completion of their Commercial Helicopter Pilot Certificate.
“The scholarships provided by Bristow Group are a tremendous advantage for our members,” stated Dianna Stanger, President of the Whirly-Girls organization.
Bristow Group is a civilian helicopter transport company to worldwide offshore energy industries and is a leader in search and rescue services. Furthermore, Bristow Group operates Bristow Academy, the world’s largest commercial helicopter training service provider.
The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, educational, and charitable organization dedicated to advancing women in helicopter aviation.
For more information on Bristow Group, please visit http://www.bristowgroup.com.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%