The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund has announced an additional five scholarships to be awarded to women in the helicopter aviation industry. The additional scholarships available are due to the commitment of the Bristow Group to support advancing the careers of the international organization’s members. According to Colleen Chen, Whirly-Girl Vice President of Scholarships, the number of scholarships available for 2016 are at a record setting of 24.
The Whirly-Girls organization is an international organization of over 1800 female helicopter pilots in 45 countries. Bristow Group recognizes the importance women contribute to aviation and thus has partnered with Whirly-Girls International to assist women aviators in their career development. Bristow Group is offering five scholarships to Whirly-Girls to assist in the completion of their Commercial Helicopter Pilot Certificate.
“The scholarships provided by Bristow Group are a tremendous advantage for our members,” stated Dianna Stanger, President of the Whirly-Girls organization.
Bristow Group is a civilian helicopter transport company to worldwide offshore energy industries and is a leader in search and rescue services. Furthermore, Bristow Group operates Bristow Academy, the world’s largest commercial helicopter training service provider.
The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, educational, and charitable organization dedicated to advancing women in helicopter aviation.
For more information on Bristow Group, please visit http://www.bristowgroup.com.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service