Guangzhou Police and Airbus helicopters signed an agreement today for an order of one H145 light helicopter for law enforcement duties, to be delivered at the end of 2016.
“Helicopters are a great resource for law enforcement agencies, as they can effectively help ground forces to accomplish a multitude of operations including air patrol, transportation of police force, firefighting, disaster relief and rescue, traffic dispersion and air command,” said by Xie Xiaodan, Vice Mayor and General Director of Guangzhou Police. “I am confident that the H145 can help to improve our efficiency and capability to serve the people of Guangzhou.”
Guangzhou Police’s H145 will be equipped with a powerful searchlight, external hoist, rappelling ropes, tactical radio, cargo sling, Bambi Bucket and stretcher.
“We are honored that the Guangzhou Police has selected the H145 as their first helicopter, which incidentally will be the first of this type to enter the Chinese market,” said Norbert Ducrot, President of Airbus Helicopters China. “The arrival of the H145 in China will be the opportunity to demonstrate how this technologically advanced helicopter is perfectly designed for the most demanding missions of Chinese police forces in the country.”
The H145 is the latest member of Airbus Helicopters’ 4-ton-class twin-engine rotorcraft product range – with designed-in mission capability and flexibility. The H145 is always ‘ready for duty’, capable of being equipped with a modern mission management system for a variety of police operations.
The helicopter can rapidly transport eight to 10 officers to the scene. It is likewise ideal for the transport of special police forces. Primary roles include patrol, surveillance, and rescue missions supported by the roomy, flexible cabin, forward-looking infrared (FLIR) definition and daylight cameras that are controlled by an operator who also handles communications and data exchange with ground-based police resources.
Some 1000 H145s are in service today, logging a combined total of more than four million flight hours performing multiple missions worldwide, especially for public services and air ambulance services.
About Airbus Helicopters China
Created in December 2006, Airbus Helicopters China is the local based customer center of Airbus Helicopters, responsible for sales and customer support activities for the company’s entire range of products. In China, Airbus Helicopters has a market share of 40%. With 45 years of presence and over 30 years of experience in industrial cooperation in China, more than 140 civil and parapublic helicopters from Airbus Helicopters are flying in the country today. In order to provide quality service in proximity to Chinese operators, Airbus Helicopters China has established a multi-based organization in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Harbin, Chengdu, Wuhan and Hong Kong staffed with around 100 employees.
About Airbus Helicopters (www.airbushelicopters.com)
Airbus Helicopters is a division of Airbus Group. The company provides the most efficient civil and military helicopter solutions to its customers who serve, protect, save lives and safely carry passengers in highly demanding environments. Flying more than 3 million flight hours per year, the company’s in-service fleet includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in 152 countries. Airbus Helicopters employs more than 23,000 people worldwide and in 2014 generated revenues of 6.5 billion Euros. In line with the company’s new identity, fully integrated into Airbus Group, Airbus Helicopters has renamed its product range replacing the former “EC” designation with an “H”.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion