Guangzhou Police and Airbus helicopters signed an agreement today for an order of one H145 light helicopter for law enforcement duties, to be delivered at the end of 2016.
“Helicopters are a great resource for law enforcement agencies, as they can effectively help ground forces to accomplish a multitude of operations including air patrol, transportation of police force, firefighting, disaster relief and rescue, traffic dispersion and air command,” said by Xie Xiaodan, Vice Mayor and General Director of Guangzhou Police. “I am confident that the H145 can help to improve our efficiency and capability to serve the people of Guangzhou.”
Guangzhou Police’s H145 will be equipped with a powerful searchlight, external hoist, rappelling ropes, tactical radio, cargo sling, Bambi Bucket and stretcher.
“We are honored that the Guangzhou Police has selected the H145 as their first helicopter, which incidentally will be the first of this type to enter the Chinese market,” said Norbert Ducrot, President of Airbus Helicopters China. “The arrival of the H145 in China will be the opportunity to demonstrate how this technologically advanced helicopter is perfectly designed for the most demanding missions of Chinese police forces in the country.”
The H145 is the latest member of Airbus Helicopters’ 4-ton-class twin-engine rotorcraft product range – with designed-in mission capability and flexibility. The H145 is always ‘ready for duty’, capable of being equipped with a modern mission management system for a variety of police operations.
The helicopter can rapidly transport eight to 10 officers to the scene. It is likewise ideal for the transport of special police forces. Primary roles include patrol, surveillance, and rescue missions supported by the roomy, flexible cabin, forward-looking infrared (FLIR) definition and daylight cameras that are controlled by an operator who also handles communications and data exchange with ground-based police resources.
Some 1000 H145s are in service today, logging a combined total of more than four million flight hours performing multiple missions worldwide, especially for public services and air ambulance services.
About Airbus Helicopters China
Created in December 2006, Airbus Helicopters China is the local based customer center of Airbus Helicopters, responsible for sales and customer support activities for the company’s entire range of products. In China, Airbus Helicopters has a market share of 40%. With 45 years of presence and over 30 years of experience in industrial cooperation in China, more than 140 civil and parapublic helicopters from Airbus Helicopters are flying in the country today. In order to provide quality service in proximity to Chinese operators, Airbus Helicopters China has established a multi-based organization in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Harbin, Chengdu, Wuhan and Hong Kong staffed with around 100 employees.
About Airbus Helicopters (www.airbushelicopters.com)
Airbus Helicopters is a division of Airbus Group. The company provides the most efficient civil and military helicopter solutions to its customers who serve, protect, save lives and safely carry passengers in highly demanding environments. Flying more than 3 million flight hours per year, the company’s in-service fleet includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in 152 countries. Airbus Helicopters employs more than 23,000 people worldwide and in 2014 generated revenues of 6.5 billion Euros. In line with the company’s new identity, fully integrated into Airbus Group, Airbus Helicopters has renamed its product range replacing the former “EC” designation with an “H”.
- HAI announces Bell Helicopter Lifetime Achievement Award winner
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter