You can hate them, but you gotta’ have them. You have probably bought more than one set of costly ground handling wheels for your Robinson Helicopter over the years and have likely felt that you are not quite getting your money’s worth. The ground handling wheel market is flooded with variations of the same old pneumatic tire wheels which are tolerable (at best) for rough terrain and grass. However, inflated wheels really fall short on hangar floors and paved surfaces where typical operators maneuver helicopters around most often. Finally, a set of wheels has been created for the rule rather than the exception – Helicopter Easy Wheels.
Designed by Dutch Engineer and Robinson pilot Fred Willems, Helicopter Easy Wheels are sleek, light and robust. Custom made for the Robinson R22, R44 and R66 the solid urethane wheels drastically reduce rolling resistance on hard surfaces while eliminating the constant prospect of a flat tire. The precision-machined oversized aluminum cam body does away with clunky welds and the tight tolerance of the threaded handle assembly results in a superior solution that can only be described as sexy– you will just want to put your hands on these wheels! An additional feature includes a laser-cut locking position tab which allows the handle to be quickly installed or removed while the Helicopter Easy Wheels is engaged on the landing gear.
The same eye for detail goes into numerous handle options available for Helicopter Easy Wheels. While standard 22-inch metal actuating arm effortlessly lift either the R22, R44 or R66 helicopter, a longer 27-inch arm option provides some extra “umpf” if needed. Operators who are watching their weight can also upgrade to carbon fiber actuating arms in both lengths. When not in use, Helicopter Easy Wheels can be conveniently stored in the hangar with the optional stainless steel wall-mounted rack.
In action, Helicopter Easy Wheels more than exceeded the high first impressions. During a recent field test on an R66 and R44 (yes, one set serves both aircraft); installation, lifting and moving the helicopter was effortless. The rigid urethane wheels glide easily across the hangar floor, over the recessed door track and onto the tarmac while the narrow contact profile allows Helicopter Easy Wheels to turn on a dime. The only problem we encountered was getting them away from the helicopter owner at the end of testing.
Rotorcorp is an official Helicopter Easy Wheels distributor. We have created several convenient ordering options and individual components are available to ensure our customers get the exact configuration that is right for them!
We are so sure that you will fall in love with them that all Helicopter Easy Wheels sold by Rotorcorp come with a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied for any reason.
See more details on Rotorcorp’s website here
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- UND installs R44 Tanis Engine Preheat Kit
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- RAMM receives FAA approval for R44 Cabin Floor Trays
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount
- 11-Nov-17 N744BS Robinson R44 Page, US-Arizona
- 06-Nov-17 N7085M Robinson R44 Inwood, US-Iowa
- 18-Aug-17 VH-LGN Robinson R44 Channel Point, Australia
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- Mexico approves Apollo spray systems for R22 and R44
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- Japan approves R44 cargo hook from Onboard Systems
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- FAA warns FAR Part 135 R44 operators