AgustaWestland announced today that the two AW189 super medium twin engine helicopters operated by Bel Air of Denmark have recently exceeded 2000 flight hours,with the first aircraft reaching 1200 and the second unit achieving 1000, setting a new milestone while demonstrating exceptional availability and mission effectiveness. The first helicopter had exceeded 600 flight hours in June, becoming the global fleet leader.
This outstanding result was possible through the strong cooperation between the operator and the manufacturer’s customer support team. Bel Air’s AW189s perform long range offshore transport missions in the North Sea, and in October 2014 the customer signed a contract for a third aircraft. The operator has also opted for the 8.6 tonne Maximum Gross Weight upgrade to give its customers greater levels of payload.
An existing AW139 operator with a total requirement for four units of this type, Bel Air is benefiting from the unique operational, training, support and management advantages of the AgustaWestland Family of new generation helicopters, thanks to the introduction of the AW189 model into their fleet. This all new approach to effective, flexible and efficient fleet management is supporting Bel Air as it expands its operations in support of the North Sea oil and gas industry, as well as carrying out offshore wind turbine support and ad hoc helicopter services.
- SAFE Structure to launch combined turbine stand and container
- Possible Foreign US Military Sale to Sweden of Patriot Configuration-3
- Blue Sky Network at HAI Heli-Expo 2018
- Foreign US Military Sale to Kuwait of King Air 350ER
- Twirly Birds Announce the 2018 Les Morris Award Recipient
- Precision and Honeywell sign agreement
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Garmin® introduces the G500H TXi
- ITT Enidine Announces New Flight-Critical Components
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Membership Manager
- Bell Helicopter Rebrands
- EASA publishes the first Opinion on safe drone operations
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Pilot Recruitment: The HeliSpeed ‘Gig Economy’
- Bristow Group Announces Private Offering
- EASA approves Kopter as Design Organisation
- Airbus H160 arrives in US for Heli-Expo and sales tour
- Swiss Air Ambulance helped 29 patients per day throughout 2017
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Las Vegas
- First Sikorsky Combat Rescue Helicopter Enters Final Assembly