AgustaWestland announced today that the two AW189 super medium twin engine helicopters operated by Bel Air of Denmark have recently exceeded 2000 flight hours,with the first aircraft reaching 1200 and the second unit achieving 1000, setting a new milestone while demonstrating exceptional availability and mission effectiveness. The first helicopter had exceeded 600 flight hours in June, becoming the global fleet leader.
This outstanding result was possible through the strong cooperation between the operator and the manufacturer’s customer support team. Bel Air’s AW189s perform long range offshore transport missions in the North Sea, and in October 2014 the customer signed a contract for a third aircraft. The operator has also opted for the 8.6 tonne Maximum Gross Weight upgrade to give its customers greater levels of payload.
An existing AW139 operator with a total requirement for four units of this type, Bel Air is benefiting from the unique operational, training, support and management advantages of the AgustaWestland Family of new generation helicopters, thanks to the introduction of the AW189 model into their fleet. This all new approach to effective, flexible and efficient fleet management is supporting Bel Air as it expands its operations in support of the North Sea oil and gas industry, as well as carrying out offshore wind turbine support and ad hoc helicopter services.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30