Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today a purchase agreement with CareFlite for its second Bell 429. CareFlite, a nonprofit 501(c) (3) corporation based in Dallas Fort Worth, provides air and ground ambulance service from its bases across North Texas. The aircraft will be outfitted to perform Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) missions throughout the region. This sale comes on the heels of a previous order for one Bell 429 that was delivered in May and four Bell 407GXs that were purchased in 2013.
“We will continue to rely on the Bell 429 for the advanced situational awareness and performance the aircraft offers our pilots,” said James Swartz, President and CEO of CareFlite. “It is important to get our patients the care they need quickly and safely, and our fleet of Bell helicopters will help us do just that. The Bell 429 provides the space and lift needed for advanced, team transports.”
CareFlite, America’s oldest joint use air medical program (founded in 1979) is sponsored by Baylor Scott and White Health, JPS Health Network, Methodist Health System, Parkland Health and Hospital and Texas Health Resources. CareFlite provides helicopter EMS service to North Texas and Southern Oklahoma from its bases in and around the DFW Metroplex. The new Bell 429s, along with the four Bell 407GXs, will be used to further support these extensive services.
“We’ve been supporting CareFlite’s lifesaving missions since 1979 and are truly honored by their trust in our operations,” said Anthony Moreland, Bell Helicopter’s vice president of North American sales. “The safe and reliable characteristics of the Bell 429 will provide peace of mind when transporting patients.”
The Bell 429 is one of the most advanced light twin helicopters ever developed, offering a fully integrated glass cockpit with advanced drive system and best-in-class WAAS navigation and IFR capability. Its 204 cubic foot main and aft cabin gives personnel unobstructed full body access to the patient. It’s the only light twin-engine helicopter on the market that offers true two-litter capability with enough room for two medical crew members plus pilots or, three medical crew members and one pilot. With enough space left over for vital medical equipment, its innovative deck height enables one person to load a litter without straining, and the 60 inch wide side-loading opening makes loading or unloading easier. It is the first helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process, resulting in reduced maintenance costs for operators.
“The Bell 429 continues to impress our HEMS customers throughout North America, and we expect to continue to see strong growth as more and more customers see firsthand the amazing capabilities of this machine,” added Moreland.
CareFlite, a 501(c)(3) not for profit air and ground ambulance service, operates 911/EMS service, fixed wing air ambulance, helicopter EMS, wheelchair van service, ground ambulance service and a mounted team from its forty six (46) air and ground bases across North Texas. CareFlite, America’s oldest joint use air medical program is sponsored by Baylor Scott and White Health, JPS Health Network, Methodist Health System, Parkland Health and Hospital and Texas Health Resources. As of May 30, 2015, CareFlite had transported 802,468 patients since its founding in 1979 and had 295,287 Caring-Heart Members.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- Bell Delivers Three B429s
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Bell annonces sale of 2 B429s to EDIC Horizon
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Nakanihon Air Service Signs Purchase Agreement for Two Bell 429s
- Bell to Widen Malaysian Market
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- NZ CAA approves Oceania Bell 429 Cargo Pod
- Mercy Flight signs for three more 429s
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight
- Heliand add Bell 429 to fleet
- Philippine telecom company commercialises flight dept