Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today the sale of eight Bell 206L-4s to Air Medical Group Holdings (AMGH). AMGH is one of the largest independent providers of helicopter emergency medical services (HEMS) in the world, and the aircraft will be configured for HEMS missions and operated by Air Evac Lifeteam, an AMGH subsidiary. Deliveries are scheduled to begin next year.
The contract was signed by Air Evac Lifeteam’s President Seth Myers and Bell Helicopter’s Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing Patrick Moulay in a formal signing ceremony at AMTC.
“With more than 130 Bell 206Ls in Air Evac Lifeteams’ fleet, it is evident that we trust in the capabilities of this aircraft,” said Seth Myers. “When seconds count, you have to be able to rely on the equipment you operate with, and that’s what our Bell helicopters offer us – reliability and performance.”
Air Evac Lifeteam, headquartered in O’Fallon, Mo., is the largest independently owned and operated air medical service provider in the United States, with more than 120 air medical bases across 15 states. Air Evac is the preeminent provider of helicopter emergency medical services to communities in need of rapid medical transport to advanced emergency healthcare.
“All of our HEMS operators continually praise this aircraft for its ability to perform their missions, and we are proud to see eight more Bell 206L-4s added to Air Evac Lifeteam’s fleet,” said Patrick Moulay. “We’ve had a long-standing relationship with Air Evac since they opened their doors, and we are proud to celebrate their 30th anniversary this year to reflect on the successful missions performed and the lives saved under their watch.”
After the signing ceremony, the Bell Helicopter team hosted a celebration in their booth to commemorate Air Evac Lifeteam’s 30th Anniversary.
The dependable and reliable Bell 206L-4 provides operators a multi-mission capable helicopter with low operating costs. With seven place seating and more than 2,000 lbs of useful load, the Bell 206L-4 delivers mission flexibility. The Bell 206L-4 offers superb visibility for difficult scene landings with large cabin windows and wrap-around windows for pilots.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit http://www.textron.com.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023