Zip Aviation announced today it would host Breast Cancer Awareness Day at the Downtown Manhattan Heliport on Friday October 30, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. A portion of Zip’s proceeds Friday will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Helicopter tour passengers flying Friday are encouraged to wear pink attire to create awareness for breast cancer research and the foundation. Passengers who wear a piece of visible pink attire will receive one complimentary helicopter tour photo (a $20 value). Zip Aviation flies approximately 300 passengers per day on helicopter tours around New York City, so they aim to raise significant awareness about the cause and foundation Friday.
“This cause hits close to home because I have family members, friends, and employees that have been affected by breast cancer. Medical research is the most hopeful way to find a cure,” said Itai Shoshani, Zip’s CEO and Chief Pilot.
Evelyn H. Lauder, a member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital board and creator of the pink ribbon breast cancer awareness program, founded the Breast Cancer Research Foundation in 1993. The foundation receives donations and grants that fund clinical and genetic research including trials for new drug treatments and projects in vaccine development. The foundation’s medical advisory board ensures that all donations go to worthy proposals.
“I have two family members who battled breast cancer, so I could not be more proud to help raise funds for research. We are hoping to fill the heliport with pink! If someone simply asks ‘why’, then we have reached one more person to educate,” said Zip Aviation Marketing Director Meagan Dooley.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%