Zip Aviation announced today it would host Breast Cancer Awareness Day at the Downtown Manhattan Heliport on Friday October 30, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. A portion of Zip’s proceeds Friday will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Helicopter tour passengers flying Friday are encouraged to wear pink attire to create awareness for breast cancer research and the foundation. Passengers who wear a piece of visible pink attire will receive one complimentary helicopter tour photo (a $20 value). Zip Aviation flies approximately 300 passengers per day on helicopter tours around New York City, so they aim to raise significant awareness about the cause and foundation Friday.
“This cause hits close to home because I have family members, friends, and employees that have been affected by breast cancer. Medical research is the most hopeful way to find a cure,” said Itai Shoshani, Zip’s CEO and Chief Pilot.
Evelyn H. Lauder, a member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital board and creator of the pink ribbon breast cancer awareness program, founded the Breast Cancer Research Foundation in 1993. The foundation receives donations and grants that fund clinical and genetic research including trials for new drug treatments and projects in vaccine development. The foundation’s medical advisory board ensures that all donations go to worthy proposals.
“I have two family members who battled breast cancer, so I could not be more proud to help raise funds for research. We are hoping to fill the heliport with pink! If someone simply asks ‘why’, then we have reached one more person to educate,” said Zip Aviation Marketing Director Meagan Dooley.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded