Air Methods Corporation (NASDAQ: AIRM), the global leader in air medical transportation, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Tri-State Care Flight (“Tri-State”) for $222.5 million. Tri-State generated net revenue of $81.5 million for the fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2014.
The transaction, which was unanimously approved by Air Methods’ Board of Directors, is expected to be immediately accretive to Air Methods’ earnings per share by greater than $0.20 in year one and by greater than $0.30 in year two. Upon closing, Tri-State will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Air Methods.
“We are very excited about the acquisition of Tri-State,” said Aaron Todd, chief executive officer of Air Methods. “It represents an opportunity to integrate best practices and further extend Air Methods’ commitment to quality, patient outcomes and safety. We look forward to welcoming Tri-State to the Air Methods team.”
Founded in 2002, Tri-State is a critical care transport provider servicing Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, and Colorado. Tri-State’s primary mission is to rapidly transport critically ill and injured patients for health care facilities and emergency medical services (EMS) agencies while providing the highest level of care available.
Dr. Blake Stamper, founder and managing member of Tri-State, said, “As a global leader in air medical transport services, Air Methods shares our commitment to superior customer service and the best clinical outcomes for patients in need. By combining with Air Methods, we will be able to serve even more patients across our footprint. We are confident that this will be a seamless transition for our employees, patients and other stakeholders.”
Air Methods expects to finance the acquisition through its credit facility, which was recently amended in August to provide for additional borrowing capacity. The acquisition is subject to customary closing and regulatory conditions. The transaction is expected to close in 30 to 60 days.
The Company will discuss this transaction during its third quarter earnings conference call, which is scheduled today at 4:30 p.m. Eastern. Interested parties can access the call by dialing (855) 601-0049 (domestic) or (720) 398-0100 (international) or by accessing the web cast at www.airmethods.com. A replay of the call will be available at (855) 859-2056 (domestic) or (404) 537-3406 (international), access number 54925007, for 3 days following the call and the web cast can be accessed at www.airmethods.com for 30 days. Concurrently, the Company will post a financial supplement that contains final operating statistics on its website, www.airmethods.com
Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The United Rotorcraft Division specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc. and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, which provides helicopter tours and charter flights in the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii, respectively. Air Methods’ fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 450 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight