Air Methods Corporation (NASDAQ: AIRM), the global leader in air medical transportation, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Tri-State Care Flight (“Tri-State”) for $222.5 million. Tri-State generated net revenue of $81.5 million for the fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2014.
The transaction, which was unanimously approved by Air Methods’ Board of Directors, is expected to be immediately accretive to Air Methods’ earnings per share by greater than $0.20 in year one and by greater than $0.30 in year two. Upon closing, Tri-State will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Air Methods.
“We are very excited about the acquisition of Tri-State,” said Aaron Todd, chief executive officer of Air Methods. “It represents an opportunity to integrate best practices and further extend Air Methods’ commitment to quality, patient outcomes and safety. We look forward to welcoming Tri-State to the Air Methods team.”
Founded in 2002, Tri-State is a critical care transport provider servicing Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, and Colorado. Tri-State’s primary mission is to rapidly transport critically ill and injured patients for health care facilities and emergency medical services (EMS) agencies while providing the highest level of care available.
Dr. Blake Stamper, founder and managing member of Tri-State, said, “As a global leader in air medical transport services, Air Methods shares our commitment to superior customer service and the best clinical outcomes for patients in need. By combining with Air Methods, we will be able to serve even more patients across our footprint. We are confident that this will be a seamless transition for our employees, patients and other stakeholders.”
Air Methods expects to finance the acquisition through its credit facility, which was recently amended in August to provide for additional borrowing capacity. The acquisition is subject to customary closing and regulatory conditions. The transaction is expected to close in 30 to 60 days.
The Company will discuss this transaction during its third quarter earnings conference call, which is scheduled today at 4:30 p.m. Eastern. Interested parties can access the call by dialing (855) 601-0049 (domestic) or (720) 398-0100 (international) or by accessing the web cast at www.airmethods.com. A replay of the call will be available at (855) 859-2056 (domestic) or (404) 537-3406 (international), access number 54925007, for 3 days following the call and the web cast can be accessed at www.airmethods.com for 30 days. Concurrently, the Company will post a financial supplement that contains final operating statistics on its website, www.airmethods.com
Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The United Rotorcraft Division specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc. and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, which provides helicopter tours and charter flights in the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii, respectively. Air Methods’ fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 450 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved