AgustaWestland announced today that Abu Dhabi Aviation (ADA)has agreed to acquire 15 helicopters from the AW Family, comprising the AW169 light intermediate, AW139 intermediate and AW189 super medium twin types. The aircraft are scheduled to be delivered from 2016 through to 2019 and will be used for a variety of missions, including offshore transport.
ADA currently owns 16 AW139 intermediate twin-engine helicopters that are primarily used for offshore transport missions. Introducing the new generation AW169 and AW189 will allow the customer access to the unique advantage of AgustaWestland’s Family of new generation helicopters covering the four to nine-tonneweight classes. These helicopters all possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach delivers real cost savings in areas such as training, maintenance and support for operators having two or three of the models in their fleets.
The expanded fleet will also benefit from the support solutions provided locally by AgustaWestland Aviation Services LLC, an Abu Dhabi Aviation (ADA) and Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland joint venture.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service