AgustaWestland congratulates the Dubai Air Wing on achieving 20 years of successful operations of its helicopter types for transport missions.An official ceremony was held at the Dubai Airshow today to celebrate this significant milestone.
A leading helicopter operator in the United Arab Emirates and a key customer to AgustaWestland with almost 20 aircraft of various models in service, Dubai Air Wing has been using a range of helicopters including the proven AW109 legacy and the bestselling AW139 intermediate twin, delivering in the most demanding conditions.
Continuing this 20 year partnership Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that the Dubai Air Wing will soon receive examples of the all new AW189 super medium and the AW169 light intermediate helicopters, which will be used to perform transport missions. The AW Family of helicopters, comprising the AW169, AW139 and AW189, all possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach delivers real cost savings in areas such as training, maintenance and support for operators having two or three of the models in their fleets.
- Bell awarded patent for tiltrotor aircraft having pillow block mounted pylon assemblies
- Boeing awarded patent for noise reducing profile for rotor blade tracking wedges
- RJ Helicopter awarded patent for deflection cone in a reaction drive helicopter
- Airbus reports on 2017 orders and deliveries
- CAMTS clarifies Lift-Off time definition
- Milestone leases eight AW139s to China EMS operator
- Gozo Air Ambulance makes 57 flights in first year
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Drone Delivery Canada Commences Testing on Raven X1400
- Héli-Union increases it’s AW139 fleet
- CHC starts $6M Aberdeen redevelopment
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system