AgustaWestland congratulates the Dubai Air Wing on achieving 20 years of successful operations of its helicopter types for transport missions.An official ceremony was held at the Dubai Airshow today to celebrate this significant milestone.
A leading helicopter operator in the United Arab Emirates and a key customer to AgustaWestland with almost 20 aircraft of various models in service, Dubai Air Wing has been using a range of helicopters including the proven AW109 legacy and the bestselling AW139 intermediate twin, delivering in the most demanding conditions.
Continuing this 20 year partnership Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that the Dubai Air Wing will soon receive examples of the all new AW189 super medium and the AW169 light intermediate helicopters, which will be used to perform transport missions. The AW Family of helicopters, comprising the AW169, AW139 and AW189, all possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach delivers real cost savings in areas such as training, maintenance and support for operators having two or three of the models in their fleets.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%