AgustaWestland congratulates the Dubai Air Wing on achieving 20 years of successful operations of its helicopter types for transport missions.An official ceremony was held at the Dubai Airshow today to celebrate this significant milestone.
A leading helicopter operator in the United Arab Emirates and a key customer to AgustaWestland with almost 20 aircraft of various models in service, Dubai Air Wing has been using a range of helicopters including the proven AW109 legacy and the bestselling AW139 intermediate twin, delivering in the most demanding conditions.
Continuing this 20 year partnership Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that the Dubai Air Wing will soon receive examples of the all new AW189 super medium and the AW169 light intermediate helicopters, which will be used to perform transport missions. The AW Family of helicopters, comprising the AW169, AW139 and AW189, all possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach delivers real cost savings in areas such as training, maintenance and support for operators having two or three of the models in their fleets.
- DART launches its new H130/EC130 Cable Cutter System
- Devon Air Ambulance buy Airbus H145
- Flight Safety Dept. conducts meeting on safety enhancement of helicopter operation
- Workhorse brings two-person SureFly octocopter to Manhattan public
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018