AgustaWestland announced today that the AW139 intermediate twin and the AW189 super medium twin helicopter fleets operated by Gulf Helicopters of Qatar have set two major milestones. Their 17 AW139s used for offshore operations have now achieved 75,000 flight hours while the four AW189s delivered so far have exceeded 1000 flight hours performing long range oil and gas support missions.
Gulf Helicopters is a prime player in the helicopter service market in the Middle East and is benefitting from the advantages of the AgustaWestland Family of new generation helicopters. The AW139 and AW189, together with the AW169 light intermediate helicopter, all possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach delivers real cost savings in areas such as training, maintenance and support for operators having two or three of the models in their fleets.
Mr. Mohamed Al Mohannadi, CEO of Gulf Helicopters stated “We are looking to expand our global presence not only for our core business of helicopter operations but also for our engineering and training capabilities. We are continuing to work with AgustaWestland and other OEMs to complement their efforts in providing efficient services with regard to engineering and training support”.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service