AgustaWestland announced today that the AW139 intermediate twin and the AW189 super medium twin helicopter fleets operated by Gulf Helicopters of Qatar have set two major milestones. Their 17 AW139s used for offshore operations have now achieved 75,000 flight hours while the four AW189s delivered so far have exceeded 1000 flight hours performing long range oil and gas support missions.
Gulf Helicopters is a prime player in the helicopter service market in the Middle East and is benefitting from the advantages of the AgustaWestland Family of new generation helicopters. The AW139 and AW189, together with the AW169 light intermediate helicopter, all possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach delivers real cost savings in areas such as training, maintenance and support for operators having two or three of the models in their fleets.
Mr. Mohamed Al Mohannadi, CEO of Gulf Helicopters stated “We are looking to expand our global presence not only for our core business of helicopter operations but also for our engineering and training capabilities. We are continuing to work with AgustaWestland and other OEMs to complement their efforts in providing efficient services with regard to engineering and training support”.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%