The Joint Aviation Command (JAC) of the United Arab Emirates announced today it has selected the AW609 TiltRotor for search and rescue (SAR) missions. Delivery of the first three AW609 TiltRotors to the JAC, with three additional options,is expected to start in the 2019 timeframe.
The Joint Aviation Command will be the launch customer for the search and rescue variant of the AW609TiltRotor, which will include a tailored equipment configuration to meet its specific operational requirements.
The Joint Aviation Command said“The AW609’s unique speed and range characteristics, combined with its ability to hover, will dramatically increase SAR mission capabilities of the UAE’s Joint Aviation Command. We look forward to operating the AW609 TiltRotor and utilizing the speed advantage it brings.”
The Joint Aviation Command currently operates eleven AW139 helicopters for a range of missions, including SAR. The Joint Aviation Command will further expand its operational capabilities leveraging on the 275 knot maximum speed and 750 nm range of the AW609 TiltRotor. With approximately twice the speed and twice the range of a helicopter the AW609 can dramatically reduce the time it takes to reach a rescue scene.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service