Today Vertiport Chicago and EvoLux Transportation announced a partnership that will bring Helicopter Charter Ridesharing to Chicago and the greater Midwest region.
Helicopter Rideshare reservations, known as SkyShares, will revolutionize Midwest regional travel by providing vastly increased accessibility to the most convenient, time-saving way to travel. The social benefits, as well as the style factor, of arriving in a helicopter are undisputed – now more are able to experience it for themselves.
Vertiport Chicago marks the return of a dedicated commercial helicopter facility to Chicago with a next generation, full-service landing facility located downtown featuring state-of-the-art amenities. Launched in April 2015, Vertiport is North America’s largest and Chicago’s only vertical helicopter landing facility. The company’s expansive facility serves as a Fixed Base Operation (FBO) for helicopter owners and operators and is located on ten acres of land boasting 30,000 square feet of hangar space, 11,700 square feet of office space, a 24-hour refueling station, a single take off and landing spot and eight helicopter parking spots. Vertiport’s location in the Illinois Medical District has made the FBO an ideal hub for EMS services. In addition to medical support, Vertiport Chicago offers helicopter charter flight services and sightseeing tours. Whether serving EMS professionals, corporate clientele, private aircraft owners or visitors to Chicago, Vertiport keeps safety and user experience as its top mission.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved