FRASCA International, Inc., Urbana, IL has delivered a Bell 206L Level 7 Flight Training Device (FTD) to Air Evac Lifeteam in O’Fallon, Missouri. The Level 7 FTD includes Garmin G500H, Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS, HTAWS, and Garmin GTN650. It will also feature Frasca’s high-fidelity NVG simulation for the ultimate realism and accuracy in NVG training and TruCue™ Frasca’s newly developed simulator cueing and vibration system which provides critical vestibular feedback to the pilots. This system makes the simulator fly more realistically and allows the pilot to naturally react to flight motion cues while training. TruCue™ consists of a 6 Degree of Freedom (6DoF) motion base optimized for helicopter simulation and is based on technology used in FRASCA’s Level D Full Flight Simulators that has been adapted for smaller facilities and tighter budgets. Air Evac is the launch customer for FRASCA’s new TruCue™ and will operate the first simulator with this technology. In addition to this FTD, Air Evac operates a FRASCA TruFlite™ H342 which was installed in 2005.
Air Evac has long had a commitment to training for the safety of their crews and patients. With their new FTD, they will be able to increase the capacity and realism of their training to an unprecedented level. This device will keep Air Evac Lifeteam on the very leading edge of technology and training in simulation, again demonstrating their continued commitment to go above and beyond in their pilot training. With all of the new HEMS requirements for aircraft equipment and training, the new FRASCA level 7 206 FTD will keep Air Evac positioned in the very front of their industry. We are proud to be their trusted Supplier of choice when it comes to helicopter flight simulation and support them in their goals of reducing aircraft accidents and improving safety through high quality training.” -Stated John Frasca, President, FRASCA International.
About Air Evac Lifeteam: Air Evac Lifeteam, an air medical service, provides rapid access to definitive health care for those who live in medically underserved areas. Air Evac Lifeteam currently operates 117 bases in 15 states. For more information, please visit www.lifeteam.net
- Aberdeen Airport helicopter movements continue to fall
- Leonardo Withdraws Lawsuit
- Lower helicopter requirement as Fox News train 90 drone pilots
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Drone Collision
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Helinetwork presents you with a new free service – RotorPlace.
- LCI closes on $55M capital market financing
- Era Group Celebrates 70 Years of Service
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- Helipass reaches 6 million bookings
- Where in the USA Do Helicopter Accidents Occur?
- Sikorsky awarded $127M contract for CH-53K Production
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- BIRD Aerosystems wins follow-on contract for ASIO SMA
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Voom helicopter booking platform joins Airbus
- USHST appoints Government Co-Chair
- Wills and Legal Services raises £540,000 for hospital helipads
- Convention Data Services signs three year Heli-Expo contract
- Avian-Precise Co awarded $57M contract for Vertical Lift Engineering