Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce that its Fleetlands facility in Gosport, UK, was selected as the ‘Large Manufacturing Company of the Year’ at the 2015 Made in the South East Awards.
The awards ceremony, which was held in Guildford on November 26th, celebrated the success of manufacturing companies in England’s south east region. Vector’s Fleetlands facility was one of seven companies recognised during the event for its innovative and technological expertise.
“This award is particularly special to us, as it recognises both our professional prowess and our commitment and importance to the south east region,” says Trevor Pritchard, Director of Public Affairs at Vector’s UK division. “Our Fleetlands site has been a centre of excellence for aerospace and defence re-manufacturing since 1940, and we continue to employ and develop skilled engineers, who in turn maintain vital aerospace expertise in the south east region.”
In selecting Vector for the ‘Large Manufacturing Company of the Year’ award, the Made in the South East Awards judges noted that the company’s commitment to ‘Setting the Standard of Customer Service’ exemplified the customer-focused culture which drives Vector’s success at every level of its business. The judges were also impressed by Vector’s commitment to developing both its products and its highly skilled workforce.
Now in its third year, the Made in the South East Awards are firmly established as the premier event for the UK’s south east manufacturing sector.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,300 motivated employees.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky, its capabilities including major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, and offers full-service avionics capability, including aircraft rewiring, mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF